Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Egyptian Ramy Elgazar wins US Sumo open
Egyptian Ramy Elgazar won the US Sumo Open after defeating eight-time defending heavyweight gold medalist and four-time world champion, Btamajav Ulambayar of Mongolia.
Ramy Elgazar had participated in the heavyweight category weighing 486 lbs, making him one of the heaviest competitors in his category.
The Sumo Open final was a best of three – both fighters fought for three rounds and the overall winner of the final would be crowned champion. In the first round Elgazar used his size to out muscle his opponent, and in the second, the Egyptian cleverly grabbed his opponent’s garment (sumo belt) as he picked up and pushed him out of the dohyō (circular fighting area).
Gazar became the first Egyptian/Arab to ever win the heavyweight title in this competition.
Also, fellow Egyptian Ramy Belal had participated in the middleweight division after weighing 253 lbs – the maximum of his category. Belal had won a gold medal in his division after defeating also Mongolian Bayarnmunkh Bavuudorj making this his second medal in the middleweight division of the US Open.