AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Smouha best Ismaily en route to Egyptian Cup semi-finals
Smouha see off Ismaily after going one man down late in the second half
Smouha advance to the Egyptian Cup semi-finals after defeating Ismaily on penalties in a 1-1 match.
Mido’s Ismaily failed to utilize a late one-man advantage against Smouha and were unable to hold onto their first half lead, scored by Egyptian international Shawky El-Said.
Smouha were underwhelming in first half as Ismaily controlled most of the play with debutant Ahmed Samir being a pain in the Blues’ defense.
The 20-year-old left-back, on-loan from Zamalek, hit the post with a rocket outside the box midway through the first half.
Ismaily drew first blood in the 33rd minute when centre-back Shawky El-Said notched the first and only goal of the match.
Ahmed Samir went off injured within the first three minutes of the second half.
Smouha equalized in the 73rd minute with their own Egyptian centre-back Mahmoud Ezzat who was making his first appearance with the Blues after joining from Arab Contractors.
Ahmed Temsah was sent off in the 90th minute, but Ismaily could not utilize the advantage.
The game ended 1-1 stalemate heading into penalties.
Egyptian Premier League top scorer Hossam Paulo stepped forward and converted Smouha’s first spot kick.
Captain Hosni Abd-Rabo failed to convert Ismaily’s first penalty, before both teams scored their remaining kicks.
Mahmoud Sayed was the scorer of the 5th penalty for Smouha, and it was enough to see them through to the 2015 Egyptian Cup semi-finals.