Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
UNAF Club Cup set for return after five-year hiatus
The Union of North African Football (UNAF) Federation’s premier club competition – the UNAF Club Cup – is set to kick-off tomorrow after a five year hiatus.
Four North African countries will be represented by their respective clubs in the host country Morocco.
The fourth edition of the North African Cup of Champions also known as the UNAF Club Cup kicks off tomorrow, 14th August, and will feature four clubs from the five member countries. Algeria will not be part of the resumption of this tournament as its setting collides with the kick-off of the Algerian league.
This is the first time the competition will take place since it wrapped up in 2010 due to sponsorship issues.
Egypt will be represented by Ismaily who will have to do without goalkeeper Mohamed Awad as he was unable to travel but in his place will be Essam El-Hadary. The other participants are Club Africain (Tunisia), Al Hilal Benghazi (Libya) and Raja Casablanca with Morocco as the host country.
Unlike previous editions, this year the winner will be determined by a mini-league format. The four sides will face off against each other and the first place team will be crowned champions with $50,000 in prize money. Runner-ups get $25,000 whereas the third and fourth placed sides receive %15,000 and $10,000 respectively.
August 14, 2015
Al Hilal Benghazi vs Club Africain
Raja Casablanca vs Ismaily SC
August 16, 2015
Ismaily SC vs Al Hilal Benghazi
Club Africain vs Raja Casablanca
August 19, 2015
Club Africain vs Ismaily SC
Raja Casablanca vs Al Hilal Benghazi
The tournament is organized by the Union of North African Football Federations (UNAF). Club Africain are the most successful side with two titles to their credit, as well as being the defending champions.