Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
UNAF Club Cup set for return after five-year hiatus
The Union of North African Football (UNAF) Federation’s premier club competition – the UNAF Club Cup – is set to kick-off tomorrow after a five year hiatus.
Four North African countries will be represented by their respective clubs in the host country Morocco.
The fourth edition of the North African Cup of Champions also known as the UNAF Club Cup kicks off tomorrow, 14th August, and will feature four clubs from the five member countries. Algeria will not be part of the resumption of this tournament as its setting collides with the kick-off of the Algerian league.
This is the first time the competition will take place since it wrapped up in 2010 due to sponsorship issues.
Egypt will be represented by Ismaily who will have to do without goalkeeper Mohamed Awad as he was unable to travel but in his place will be Essam El-Hadary. The other participants are Club Africain (Tunisia), Al Hilal Benghazi (Libya) and Raja Casablanca with Morocco as the host country.
Unlike previous editions, this year the winner will be determined by a mini-league format. The four sides will face off against each other and the first place team will be crowned champions with $50,000 in prize money. Runner-ups get $25,000 whereas the third and fourth placed sides receive %15,000 and $10,000 respectively.
August 14, 2015
Al Hilal Benghazi vs Club Africain
Raja Casablanca vs Ismaily SC
August 16, 2015
Ismaily SC vs Al Hilal Benghazi
Club Africain vs Raja Casablanca
August 19, 2015
Club Africain vs Ismaily SC
Raja Casablanca vs Al Hilal Benghazi
The tournament is organized by the Union of North African Football Federations (UNAF). Club Africain are the most successful side with two titles to their credit, as well as being the defending champions.