A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Aston Villa sign Adama Traoré from FC Barcelona
Malian winger – and former FC Barcelona player – Adama Traoré has completed his move to English Premier League side Aston Villa.
The fee is reported to be around £7 million, and the player has signed a five-year deal with the Midlands club.
— Aston Villa FC (@AVFCOfficial) August 14, 2015
Traoré’s time at Barcelona was largely spent with the B team in the Segunda A (the second tier in Spanish football), but he was occasionally called up to the senior squad and made four appearances for the Catalans’ first team.
The 19-year-old is a hugely promising talent, and has been on the radar of several top clubs for years. Stoke City’s attempts to sign the attacker last week fell short, and Villa manager Tim Sherwood pounced to sign him instead.
Traoré is renowned for his blistering pace and trickery, and he uses both of those assets to constantly beat players on the right wing.
When asked about the signing, Sherwood said: “He’s someone I have been tracking for a long time. He’s physically a man – and he has been for some time. He’s a big powerful boy, very quick, dynamic and a maverick-type player. Those players are few and far between. We’re delighted he has chosen Villa to continue his development.”
Traoré is not to be confused with the Malian attacking midfielder by the same name, who recently joined AS Monaco from Lille OSC.