Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
OFFICIAL: Jesualdo Ferreira extends Zamalek contract
Zamalek have announced manager Jesualdo Ferreira has signed a new one-year contract which will keep him at the club until the end of next season.
Former FC Porto and Sporting CP manager Jesualdo Ferreira has extended his contract with Zamalek for another year, club president Mortada Mansour confirmed on Thursday night.
The Portuguese manager led Zamalek to winning the Egyptian Premier League title for the first time in 11 years last season.
In June, Mansour announced Ferreira would be leaving Zamalek at the end of the season, before backtracking on his decision and announcing that the club were planning to offer the 69-year-old manager an extension.
It is reported that Ferreia’s one-year contract extension with Zamalek will see the coach receive a salary worth $50,000 (over 390k EGP) per month.
Jesualdo Ferreira may have committed his future to the Whites, but he is wary of the expectations for more silverware as the club are currently battling it out in the Egypt Cup, CAF Confederation Cup and will shortly prepare to begin the defence of their Egyptian Premier League title.