Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
OFFICIAL: Jesualdo Ferreira extends Zamalek contract
Zamalek have announced manager Jesualdo Ferreira has signed a new one-year contract which will keep him at the club until the end of next season.
Former FC Porto and Sporting CP manager Jesualdo Ferreira has extended his contract with Zamalek for another year, club president Mortada Mansour confirmed on Thursday night.
The Portuguese manager led Zamalek to winning the Egyptian Premier League title for the first time in 11 years last season.
In June, Mansour announced Ferreira would be leaving Zamalek at the end of the season, before backtracking on his decision and announcing that the club were planning to offer the 69-year-old manager an extension.
It is reported that Ferreia’s one-year contract extension with Zamalek will see the coach receive a salary worth $50,000 (over 390k EGP) per month.
Jesualdo Ferreira may have committed his future to the Whites, but he is wary of the expectations for more silverware as the club are currently battling it out in the Egypt Cup, CAF Confederation Cup and will shortly prepare to begin the defence of their Egyptian Premier League title.