Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Algiers derby between MCA and CRB ends goalless
The home side, who are looking to bounce back from their dismal campaign last season, wanted to kick-off their campaign with a win in the illustrious derby – but were short on firepower as the away side returned to Mohamed Belouizdad with a point.
Chances were few in the Algiers derby; however, a moment of magic from MCA’s Sofiane Ben Braham could’ve sent the home fans wild, but the ball hit Tarek Cherfaoui.
MCA had the best chance of the match to make it 1-0, when Abderrahmane Hachoud’s thunderous free-kick from 25-yards out slammed against the post.
It is also worth mentioning that there was crowd trouble towards the end, when both sets of fans started throwing stones at one another.