Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
VIDEO: Algiers derby between MCA and CRB ends goalless
The home side, who are looking to bounce back from their dismal campaign last season, wanted to kick-off their campaign with a win in the illustrious derby – but were short on firepower as the away side returned to Mohamed Belouizdad with a point.
Chances were few in the Algiers derby; however, a moment of magic from MCA’s Sofiane Ben Braham could’ve sent the home fans wild, but the ball hit Tarek Cherfaoui.
MCA had the best chance of the match to make it 1-0, when Abderrahmane Hachoud’s thunderous free-kick from 25-yards out slammed against the post.
It is also worth mentioning that there was crowd trouble towards the end, when both sets of fans started throwing stones at one another.