Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
VIDEO: Algiers derby between MCA and CRB ends goalless
The home side, who are looking to bounce back from their dismal campaign last season, wanted to kick-off their campaign with a win in the illustrious derby – but were short on firepower as the away side returned to Mohamed Belouizdad with a point.
Chances were few in the Algiers derby; however, a moment of magic from MCA’s Sofiane Ben Braham could’ve sent the home fans wild, but the ball hit Tarek Cherfaoui.
MCA had the best chance of the match to make it 1-0, when Abderrahmane Hachoud’s thunderous free-kick from 25-yards out slammed against the post.
It is also worth mentioning that there was crowd trouble towards the end, when both sets of fans started throwing stones at one another.