An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
VIDEO: Algiers derby between MCA and CRB ends goalless
The home side, who are looking to bounce back from their dismal campaign last season, wanted to kick-off their campaign with a win in the illustrious derby – but were short on firepower as the away side returned to Mohamed Belouizdad with a point.
Chances were few in the Algiers derby; however, a moment of magic from MCA’s Sofiane Ben Braham could’ve sent the home fans wild, but the ball hit Tarek Cherfaoui.
MCA had the best chance of the match to make it 1-0, when Abderrahmane Hachoud’s thunderous free-kick from 25-yards out slammed against the post.
It is also worth mentioning that there was crowd trouble towards the end, when both sets of fans started throwing stones at one another.