The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Raja Casablanca and Club Africain kick off UNAF Cup with wins
Raja Casablanca XI; Allouch- Jbira, Oulhadj, Awal, Boutayeb- Soudani, Bamaamor, Oualid, Kaddioui, El Ouaddi- Bouldini
Ismaily SC XI; Magdy- Saad, Taha, Shawky, Bahaa- Emad, Hassona, Metwali, Fathy, Hamad- Kenneth
Raja and Ismaily kicked off their match slowly; opting to size each other up early on. It was inevitable that the home side would gain a greater footing in the game and spurned the earlier chance in the game. The Dervishes were pushed in their half as they tried to contain a home side being urged on by the great turnout at the Mohamed V stadium.
The Moroccans made their mark near the interval courtesy of Mohamed Bouldini. El Ouadi did great work beating the Ismaily defense for pace on the right before his cross was tapped home at the near post. From then, the foot was taken off the pedal as Raja looked satisfied with their lead.
Club Africain 3-1 Al Hilal Benghazi
Club Africain won the earlier match of the day but the score does not paint the true picture of the game. The Tunisians had goalkeeper Mustapha to thank for keeping them in the game after they fell to a sixth minute lead. Nevertheless, Club Africain showed their pedigree in coming back from the setback to win by three goals to one. The first was a cruel own goal before Ouechrefi and Jaziri added on in the second half.
The second round of fixtures takes place on August 16, 2015.