Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
VIDEO: Raja Casablanca and Club Africain kick off UNAF Cup with wins
Raja Casablanca XI; Allouch- Jbira, Oulhadj, Awal, Boutayeb- Soudani, Bamaamor, Oualid, Kaddioui, El Ouaddi- Bouldini
Ismaily SC XI; Magdy- Saad, Taha, Shawky, Bahaa- Emad, Hassona, Metwali, Fathy, Hamad- Kenneth
Raja and Ismaily kicked off their match slowly; opting to size each other up early on. It was inevitable that the home side would gain a greater footing in the game and spurned the earlier chance in the game. The Dervishes were pushed in their half as they tried to contain a home side being urged on by the great turnout at the Mohamed V stadium.
The Moroccans made their mark near the interval courtesy of Mohamed Bouldini. El Ouadi did great work beating the Ismaily defense for pace on the right before his cross was tapped home at the near post. From then, the foot was taken off the pedal as Raja looked satisfied with their lead.
Club Africain 3-1 Al Hilal Benghazi
Club Africain won the earlier match of the day but the score does not paint the true picture of the game. The Tunisians had goalkeeper Mustapha to thank for keeping them in the game after they fell to a sixth minute lead. Nevertheless, Club Africain showed their pedigree in coming back from the setback to win by three goals to one. The first was a cruel own goal before Ouechrefi and Jaziri added on in the second half.
The second round of fixtures takes place on August 16, 2015.