Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
VIDEO: Koka appears in Rio Ave’s opening league game at Belenenses
On the opening day of the 2015/16 Primeira Liga season, both teams were looking to get their campaigns off to a winning start, and Rio Ave appeared to be in control when Renan Bressan opened the scoring.
However the game turned on its head, and Belenenses appeared to be taking the three points when Carlos Martins scored a 59th minute penalty to make it 3-1 to the home side.
15 minutes later, Helder Guedes seemed to score from a tight angle, but the ball caught Portuguese defender Brandão’s heel on its way into the net and so it was deemed to be an own goal.
Guedes would go on to score a late equaliser for the Vila do Conde side, and there was late controversy as both sides each had a goal ruled out – including one converted by Koka.
Rio Ave now lie in joint third after Porto and Sporting picked up wins against Vitoria Guimaeraes and Tondela respectively.
There has been a lot of speculation this summer over Koka’s future, linking him to the major Lisbon clubs Benfica and Sporting – and he was on the verge of joining the former; however, he has instead begun the season with Rio Ave, doing so in impressive form.