Hazem Emam has admitted that his early days at Italy’s Serie...
- Emam talks about his Udinese days and Salah
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
VIDEO: Koka appears in Rio Ave’s opening league game at Belenenses
On the opening day of the 2015/16 Primeira Liga season, both teams were looking to get their campaigns off to a winning start, and Rio Ave appeared to be in control when Renan Bressan opened the scoring.
However the game turned on its head, and Belenenses appeared to be taking the three points when Carlos Martins scored a 59th minute penalty to make it 3-1 to the home side.
15 minutes later, Helder Guedes seemed to score from a tight angle, but the ball caught Portuguese defender Brandão’s heel on its way into the net and so it was deemed to be an own goal.
Guedes would go on to score a late equaliser for the Vila do Conde side, and there was late controversy as both sides each had a goal ruled out – including one converted by Koka.
Rio Ave now lie in joint third after Porto and Sporting picked up wins against Vitoria Guimaeraes and Tondela respectively.
There has been a lot of speculation this summer over Koka’s future, linking him to the major Lisbon clubs Benfica and Sporting – and he was on the verge of joining the former; however, he has instead begun the season with Rio Ave, doing so in impressive form.