Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni spoke to Premium Sport about Mohamed Salah’s replacement...
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
VIDEO: Koka appears in Rio Ave’s opening league game at Belenenses
On the opening day of the 2015/16 Primeira Liga season, both teams were looking to get their campaigns off to a winning start, and Rio Ave appeared to be in control when Renan Bressan opened the scoring.
However the game turned on its head, and Belenenses appeared to be taking the three points when Carlos Martins scored a 59th minute penalty to make it 3-1 to the home side.
15 minutes later, Helder Guedes seemed to score from a tight angle, but the ball caught Portuguese defender Brandão’s heel on its way into the net and so it was deemed to be an own goal.
Guedes would go on to score a late equaliser for the Vila do Conde side, and there was late controversy as both sides each had a goal ruled out – including one converted by Koka.
Rio Ave now lie in joint third after Porto and Sporting picked up wins against Vitoria Guimaeraes and Tondela respectively.
There has been a lot of speculation this summer over Koka’s future, linking him to the major Lisbon clubs Benfica and Sporting – and he was on the verge of joining the former; however, he has instead begun the season with Rio Ave, doing so in impressive form.