Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
OFFICIAL: Chelsea sign Ghanaian Baba Rahman from Augsburg
Chelsea FC have announced on their official website the completion of the transfer of Ghanaian left-back Baba Abdul Rahman from FC Augsburg for an undisclosed fee.
Baba Rahman, who was nominated as the best left-back in the Bundesliga last season, is Jose Mourinho’s replacement for Filipe Luis, who was sold back to Atletico Madrid earlier this summer.
The transfer fee for the 21 year-old Ghanaian is believed to be in the region of £20 million.
Rahman told Chelsea’s official website: “I am very happy to sign for Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world, and I can’t wait to train with my new team-mates and very much looking forward to working with them and Mr Mourinho.
“I am also looking forward to having the opportunity to meet the fans as soon as possible.”
Rahman will enter fierce competition with César Azpilicueta for the starting left-back spot. Mourinho has favoured the Spaniard, who he calls the best left-back in the English Premier League, since starting his second managerial spell at Chelsea in 2013.
Baba has 11 caps with Ghana’s national team and joined Augsburg a year ago from second-tier side Greuther Furth, for just €2.5 million.