Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
OFFICIAL: Chelsea sign Ghanaian Baba Rahman from Augsburg
Chelsea FC have announced on their official website the completion of the transfer of Ghanaian left-back Baba Abdul Rahman from FC Augsburg for an undisclosed fee.
Baba Rahman, who was nominated as the best left-back in the Bundesliga last season, is Jose Mourinho’s replacement for Filipe Luis, who was sold back to Atletico Madrid earlier this summer.
The transfer fee for the 21 year-old Ghanaian is believed to be in the region of £20 million.
Rahman told Chelsea’s official website: “I am very happy to sign for Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world, and I can’t wait to train with my new team-mates and very much looking forward to working with them and Mr Mourinho.
“I am also looking forward to having the opportunity to meet the fans as soon as possible.”
Rahman will enter fierce competition with César Azpilicueta for the starting left-back spot. Mourinho has favoured the Spaniard, who he calls the best left-back in the English Premier League, since starting his second managerial spell at Chelsea in 2013.
Baba has 11 caps with Ghana’s national team and joined Augsburg a year ago from second-tier side Greuther Furth, for just €2.5 million.