Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
OFFICIAL: Chelsea sign Ghanaian Baba Rahman from Augsburg
Chelsea FC have announced on their official website the completion of the transfer of Ghanaian left-back Baba Abdul Rahman from FC Augsburg for an undisclosed fee.
Baba Rahman, who was nominated as the best left-back in the Bundesliga last season, is Jose Mourinho’s replacement for Filipe Luis, who was sold back to Atletico Madrid earlier this summer.
The transfer fee for the 21 year-old Ghanaian is believed to be in the region of £20 million.
Rahman told Chelsea’s official website: “I am very happy to sign for Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world, and I can’t wait to train with my new team-mates and very much looking forward to working with them and Mr Mourinho.
“I am also looking forward to having the opportunity to meet the fans as soon as possible.”
Rahman will enter fierce competition with César Azpilicueta for the starting left-back spot. Mourinho has favoured the Spaniard, who he calls the best left-back in the English Premier League, since starting his second managerial spell at Chelsea in 2013.
Baba has 11 caps with Ghana’s national team and joined Augsburg a year ago from second-tier side Greuther Furth, for just €2.5 million.