Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
OFFICIAL: Chelsea sign Ghanaian Baba Rahman from Augsburg
Chelsea FC have announced on their official website the completion of the transfer of Ghanaian left-back Baba Abdul Rahman from FC Augsburg for an undisclosed fee.
Baba Rahman, who was nominated as the best left-back in the Bundesliga last season, is Jose Mourinho’s replacement for Filipe Luis, who was sold back to Atletico Madrid earlier this summer.
The transfer fee for the 21 year-old Ghanaian is believed to be in the region of £20 million.
Rahman told Chelsea’s official website: “I am very happy to sign for Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world, and I can’t wait to train with my new team-mates and very much looking forward to working with them and Mr Mourinho.
“I am also looking forward to having the opportunity to meet the fans as soon as possible.”
Rahman will enter fierce competition with César Azpilicueta for the starting left-back spot. Mourinho has favoured the Spaniard, who he calls the best left-back in the English Premier League, since starting his second managerial spell at Chelsea in 2013.
Baba has 11 caps with Ghana’s national team and joined Augsburg a year ago from second-tier side Greuther Furth, for just €2.5 million.