Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
EXCLUSIVE: Koka’s move to Benfica falls through
The Rio Ave striker had already signed a pre-contract agreement with Benfica in May, and various Egyptian players – including his own brother – congratulated him on the transfer, but the club, who underwent a managerial change less than a month later, have opted to rescind the contract after Koka’s reported ‘heart problems’.
Koka was said to be suffering from a minor heart problem that required an operation. Benfica had requested from the 23-year-old to undergo the operation first before signing him, without giving a convincing reason.
After undergoing the operation, Benfica went back on their agreement with Koka and now the player will stay at Rio Ave unless a suitable offer arrives for him before the close of the summer transfer window, KingFut understands.
Rio Ave denied reports that the player ‘failed medicals’ with Benfica after returning from his summer vacation, and later released a statement to confirm that he has ‘perfect health’.
Koka continued pre-season preparations with Rio Ave and on Saturday took part in the club’s first league match this season in a 3-3 draw with OS Belenenses. Hassan appeared to have scored the winner for his side, but it was controversially ruled out.
It is worth noting the Egyptian striker was courted all year long by Sporting Clube de Portugal before his agreement with Benfica came to place earlier in the summer.