Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
EXCLUSIVE: Koka’s move to Benfica falls through
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’s move to Portuguese giants SL Benfica has fallen through, KingFut sources can confirm.
The Rio Ave striker had already signed a pre-contract agreement with Benfica in May, and various Egyptian players – including his own brother – congratulated him on the transfer, but the club, who underwent a managerial change less than a month later, have opted to rescind the contract after Koka’s reported ‘heart problems’.
Koka was said to be suffering from a minor heart problem that required an operation. Benfica had requested from the 23-year-old to undergo the operation first before signing him, without giving a convincing reason.
After undergoing the operation, Benfica went back on their agreement with Koka and now the player will stay at Rio Ave unless a suitable offer arrives for him before the close of the summer transfer window, KingFut understands.
Rio Ave denied reports that the player ‘failed medicals’ with Benfica after returning from his summer vacation, and later released a statement to confirm that he has ‘perfect health’.
Koka continued pre-season preparations with Rio Ave and on Saturday took part in the club’s first league match this season in a 3-3 draw with OS Belenenses. Hassan appeared to have scored the winner for his side, but it was controversially ruled out.
It is worth noting the Egyptian striker was courted all year long by Sporting Clube de Portugal before his agreement with Benfica came to place earlier in the summer.