Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
VIDEO: Substitutes star for Ismaily in UNAF Cup
Ismaily XI; Magdy- Baher, Taha, Shawky, Farag- Metwali, Hosni, Fathy- Afroto, Shawky, Banahene
Both Hilal Benghazi and Ismaily needed three points from their encounter to keep their hopes alive after opening day losses. Yet at halftime the duo had not shown much of ambition with the play largely concentrated in the midfield.
New coach, Mido, made changes right before the break and his decision seems to have been inspired. Substitutes Kenneth and Imad Hamdi led the charge for a superb Ismaily second half which saw them score four goals. Kenneth struck either side of Imad Hamdi’s header and El Saeed finished off the rout with five minutes to go. It could have been a more disastrous outing for the Libyans if Benahene had been less wasteful with his many chances.
Raja Casablanca 2-0 Club Africain
The only league champions in the competition, Club Africain, fell in their penultimate fixture of the competition. Raja striker, Bouldini struck his second goal in as many games to earn his side a deserved lead going into the break. There was little response from the Tunisians as they continued being dominated by the home side. They came under repeated attacks before finally cracking in the 89th minute. Hamza Iajour tapped home to give Raja Casablanca two wins out of two and leave them on the brink of a maiden UNAF crown.