Zamalek earned a comfortable 3-0 win over Dakhelya in Mohamed Helmy’s first...
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veroia hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
VIDEO: Substitutes star for Ismaily in UNAF Cup
Ismaily XI; Magdy- Baher, Taha, Shawky, Farag- Metwali, Hosni, Fathy- Afroto, Shawky, Banahene
Both Hilal Benghazi and Ismaily needed three points from their encounter to keep their hopes alive after opening day losses. Yet at halftime the duo had not shown much of ambition with the play largely concentrated in the midfield.
New coach, Mido, made changes right before the break and his decision seems to have been inspired. Substitutes Kenneth and Imad Hamdi led the charge for a superb Ismaily second half which saw them score four goals. Kenneth struck either side of Imad Hamdi’s header and El Saeed finished off the rout with five minutes to go. It could have been a more disastrous outing for the Libyans if Benahene had been less wasteful with his many chances.
Raja Casablanca 2-0 Club Africain
The only league champions in the competition, Club Africain, fell in their penultimate fixture of the competition. Raja striker, Bouldini struck his second goal in as many games to earn his side a deserved lead going into the break. There was little response from the Tunisians as they continued being dominated by the home side. They came under repeated attacks before finally cracking in the 89th minute. Hamza Iajour tapped home to give Raja Casablanca two wins out of two and leave them on the brink of a maiden UNAF crown.