Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Al Ahly boycott domestic football following EFA sanctions
Al Ahly have announced in an official statement their decision to boycott the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) and all the EFA-organized competitions and tournaments.
Al Ahly board announced boycotting the EFA in protest at their decision to suspend Al Ahly new signing Ahmed El-Sheikh for four months and fining him 133,000 EGP for signing for two clubs, Al Ahly and Zamalek.
“We reject the EFA’s sanctions on Ahmed El-Sheikh as Al Ahly’s legal situation is correct according to the law,” Al Ahly said in an official statement.
“The board decided to boycott the current EFA board and all its organized competitions and activities for the first team as well as for the youth teams,” the statement read.
The Red Devils board vowed to follow all the legitimate and legal ways, internally and externally, to maintain the club’s rights against what they described as “biased decisions”.
Zamalek have previously submitted a complaint to the EFA against El-Sheikh following completing his move to Al Ahly. The Whites said that El-Sheikh has earlier signed contracts to join Zamalek and requested his suspension for signing for two clubs.