Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Al Ahly boycott domestic football following EFA sanctions
Al Ahly have announced in an official statement their decision to boycott the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) and all the EFA-organized competitions and tournaments.
Al Ahly board announced boycotting the EFA in protest at their decision to suspend Al Ahly new signing Ahmed El-Sheikh for four months and fining him 133,000 EGP for signing for two clubs, Al Ahly and Zamalek.
“We reject the EFA’s sanctions on Ahmed El-Sheikh as Al Ahly’s legal situation is correct according to the law,” Al Ahly said in an official statement.
“The board decided to boycott the current EFA board and all its organized competitions and activities for the first team as well as for the youth teams,” the statement read.
The Red Devils board vowed to follow all the legitimate and legal ways, internally and externally, to maintain the club’s rights against what they described as “biased decisions”.
Zamalek have previously submitted a complaint to the EFA against El-Sheikh following completing his move to Al Ahly. The Whites said that El-Sheikh has earlier signed contracts to join Zamalek and requested his suspension for signing for two clubs.