Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
PHOTOS: Crystal Palace target Omar Gaber takes part in Bordeaux training session
The 23-year-old traveled to France to undergo a four-day trial at the French club, as announced by his parent club Zamalek.
The training session started at 10:30 AM and ended at 12:00 PM, with Omar Gaber being included in ball work and fitness training.
Although there was no friendly matches played, Gaber worked hard as a midfielder. The Egypt international, who can play anywhere along the right flank, was also perceived as a kind and polite guy in training, according to reports from France.
Omar Gaber, who is thought to be followed by English club Crystal Palace, is said to have a €500,000 release clause which Bordeaux would be willing to meet if he impresses.
Unfortunately for Gaber, the club’s first priority is to sign a central defender and not a player who can operate on the flank in midfield. Gaber recorded a career high of four goals and four assists during the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League season, having played as both a right midfielder and right-back, helping Zamalek win the league title for the first time in 11 years. He was also included in KingFut’s Team of the Season.
Bordeaux are managed by France and Bayern München legend Willy Sagnol, and French reports confirm the player was offered to Bordeaux with their manager giving the green light to check Gaber’s ability.
The player is set to take part in his second training session tomorrow morning.
– Schwob Olivier contributed reporting.