Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
PHOTOS: Crystal Palace target Omar Gaber takes part in Bordeaux training session
The 23-year-old traveled to France to undergo a four-day trial at the French club, as announced by his parent club Zamalek.
The training session started at 10:30 AM and ended at 12:00 PM, with Omar Gaber being included in ball work and fitness training.
Although there was no friendly matches played, Gaber worked hard as a midfielder. The Egypt international, who can play anywhere along the right flank, was also perceived as a kind and polite guy in training, according to reports from France.
Omar Gaber, who is thought to be followed by English club Crystal Palace, is said to have a €500,000 release clause which Bordeaux would be willing to meet if he impresses.
Unfortunately for Gaber, the club’s first priority is to sign a central defender and not a player who can operate on the flank in midfield. Gaber recorded a career high of four goals and four assists during the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League season, having played as both a right midfielder and right-back, helping Zamalek win the league title for the first time in 11 years. He was also included in KingFut’s Team of the Season.
Bordeaux are managed by France and Bayern München legend Willy Sagnol, and French reports confirm the player was offered to Bordeaux with their manager giving the green light to check Gaber’s ability.
The player is set to take part in his second training session tomorrow morning.
– Schwob Olivier contributed reporting.