Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Ali joins Wadi Degla from Zamalek
The Egypt forward was available for no fee following his release from Zamalek – where he won the Egyptian Premier League title last season – and has decided to put pen-to-paper with Wadi Degla on a three-year deal. The club are expected to announce the signing on their official website on Tuesday.
Ahmed Ali was reported to be on the verge of rejoining Ismaily, and also had an offer from Ittihad of Alexandria; however, the 29-year-old striker opted to join Degla instead.
Ali managed to score 13 league goals in 37 games during his two seasons with Zamalek, helping the Whites to secure the 2014/15 Egyptian Premier League title and the Egypt Cup twice during this period.
Egypt & Zamalek striker Ahmed Ali: "This was my final match with Zamalek."
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) August 3, 2015
It may not be a simple task for Ali to break into Degla’s starting eleven, as Hamada Sedky’s side boast last season’s best attacking duo in Stanley Ohawuchi and Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas, who combined contributed to 39 goals to help them secure their highest-ever finish in the top flight – fifth.
UPDATE (18/8/2015): Wadi Degla have announced the signing of Ahmed Ali on Tuesday afternoon.