Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Ali joins Wadi Degla from Zamalek
Wadi Degla have completed the signing of Egypt international striker Ahmed Ali on a free transfer, KingFut.com can exclusively reveal.
The Egypt forward was available for no fee following his release from Zamalek – where he won the Egyptian Premier League title last season – and has decided to put pen-to-paper with Wadi Degla on a three-year deal. The club are expected to announce the signing on their official website on Tuesday.
Ahmed Ali was reported to be on the verge of rejoining Ismaily, and also had an offer from Ittihad of Alexandria; however, the 29-year-old striker opted to join Degla instead.
Ali managed to score 13 league goals in 37 games during his two seasons with Zamalek, helping the Whites to secure the 2014/15 Egyptian Premier League title and the Egypt Cup twice during this period.
Egypt & Zamalek striker Ahmed Ali: "This was my final match with Zamalek."
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) August 3, 2015
It may not be a simple task for Ali to break into Degla’s starting eleven, as Hamada Sedky’s side boast last season’s best attacking duo in Stanley Ohawuchi and Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas, who combined contributed to 39 goals to help them secure their highest-ever finish in the top flight – fifth.
UPDATE (18/8/2015): Wadi Degla have announced the signing of Ahmed Ali on Tuesday afternoon.