Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Ali joins Wadi Degla from Zamalek
Wadi Degla have completed the signing of Egypt international striker Ahmed Ali on a free transfer, KingFut.com can exclusively reveal.
The Egypt forward was available for no fee following his release from Zamalek – where he won the Egyptian Premier League title last season – and has decided to put pen-to-paper with Wadi Degla on a three-year deal. The club are expected to announce the signing on their official website on Tuesday.
Ahmed Ali was reported to be on the verge of rejoining Ismaily, and also had an offer from Ittihad of Alexandria; however, the 29-year-old striker opted to join Degla instead.
Ali managed to score 13 league goals in 37 games during his two seasons with Zamalek, helping the Whites to secure the 2014/15 Egyptian Premier League title and the Egypt Cup twice during this period.
Egypt & Zamalek striker Ahmed Ali: "This was my final match with Zamalek."
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) August 3, 2015
It may not be a simple task for Ali to break into Degla’s starting eleven, as Hamada Sedky’s side boast last season’s best attacking duo in Stanley Ohawuchi and Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas, who combined contributed to 39 goals to help them secure their highest-ever finish in the top flight – fifth.
UPDATE (18/8/2015): Wadi Degla have announced the signing of Ahmed Ali on Tuesday afternoon.