Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Ali joins Wadi Degla from Zamalek
The Egypt forward was available for no fee following his release from Zamalek – where he won the Egyptian Premier League title last season – and has decided to put pen-to-paper with Wadi Degla on a three-year deal. The club are expected to announce the signing on their official website on Tuesday.
Ahmed Ali was reported to be on the verge of rejoining Ismaily, and also had an offer from Ittihad of Alexandria; however, the 29-year-old striker opted to join Degla instead.
Ali managed to score 13 league goals in 37 games during his two seasons with Zamalek, helping the Whites to secure the 2014/15 Egyptian Premier League title and the Egypt Cup twice during this period.
Egypt & Zamalek striker Ahmed Ali: "This was my final match with Zamalek."
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) August 3, 2015
It may not be a simple task for Ali to break into Degla’s starting eleven, as Hamada Sedky’s side boast last season’s best attacking duo in Stanley Ohawuchi and Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas, who combined contributed to 39 goals to help them secure their highest-ever finish in the top flight – fifth.
UPDATE (18/8/2015): Wadi Degla have announced the signing of Ahmed Ali on Tuesday afternoon.