Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Zamalek reach Shikabala agreement with Sporting, Ismaily confirm loan
It has been revealed that Zamalek have resigned Shikabala from Sporting Clube de Portugal, but the midfielder, who went AWOL from his Portuguese team, will be loaned to Ismaily SC for the upcoming league campaign. It’s a close to a saga last played out in Zamalek’s $600,000 offer to recapture the playmaker.
Tweet confirming Shikabala loan:
" شيكابالا " ينتظم فى الاسماعيلى بعد رحله المغرب. pic.twitter.com/jBiMVpmYW9
— Ismaily SC (@ismailyofficial) August 17, 2015
According to Ismaily SC, the loan moves comes after differences between Zamalek and Sporting Lisbon were smoothed out. The club also stated that the one year loan will cost $150,000 and they will foot two-thirds of the bill with Shikabala meeting the remaining $50,000.
Shikabala had been open to such a move after it turned out coach Ferreira was not too keen on the transfer; at least at the moment, stemming from a probable lack of fitness. The player has good relations with Ismaily coach Mido, a former teammate and a close friend, and hopefully will be a key factor in getting him back to his best.
The 29-year-old will link up with the rest of his new teammates when they get back home from the ongoing UNAF Cup in Morocco.