Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Basketball: Egypt thrash Gabon in AfroBasket 2015 opener
Egypt’s basketball team defeated Gabon during the opening match of the AfroBasket 2015 which is held in Tunisia.
AfroBasket 2013 runners-up thrashed Gabon 96-49 in their first match in the tournament. The first quarter was led by Egypt as it ended 16-15, while the second quarter was total domination for the Egyptians ending 39-3.
The Pharaohs continued scoring and led comfortably throughout the second half to go on and win the game 96-49.
Egypt is now on top of Group C with two points while Gabon earned one point. Group C also includes Mali and Cameron.
This year’s African champion will be heading straight to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics in 2016 while the other three semi-finalists will go into an Olympic qualifying tournament to qualify for the summer Olympics.
It is worth mentioning that the AfroBasket location was changed to the harbor city of Rades since Tunisia witnessed two deadly attacks this year.