Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Basketball: Egypt thrash Gabon in AfroBasket 2015 opener
Egypt’s basketball team defeated Gabon during the opening match of the AfroBasket 2015 which is held in Tunisia.
AfroBasket 2013 runners-up thrashed Gabon 96-49 in their first match in the tournament. The first quarter was led by Egypt as it ended 16-15, while the second quarter was total domination for the Egyptians ending 39-3.
The Pharaohs continued scoring and led comfortably throughout the second half to go on and win the game 96-49.
Egypt is now on top of Group C with two points while Gabon earned one point. Group C also includes Mali and Cameron.
This year’s African champion will be heading straight to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics in 2016 while the other three semi-finalists will go into an Olympic qualifying tournament to qualify for the summer Olympics.
It is worth mentioning that the AfroBasket location was changed to the harbor city of Rades since Tunisia witnessed two deadly attacks this year.