Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Basketball: Egypt thrash Gabon in AfroBasket 2015 opener
Egypt’s basketball team defeated Gabon during the opening match of the AfroBasket 2015 which is held in Tunisia.
AfroBasket 2013 runners-up thrashed Gabon 96-49 in their first match in the tournament. The first quarter was led by Egypt as it ended 16-15, while the second quarter was total domination for the Egyptians ending 39-3.
The Pharaohs continued scoring and led comfortably throughout the second half to go on and win the game 96-49.
Egypt is now on top of Group C with two points while Gabon earned one point. Group C also includes Mali and Cameron.
This year’s African champion will be heading straight to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics in 2016 while the other three semi-finalists will go into an Olympic qualifying tournament to qualify for the summer Olympics.
It is worth mentioning that the AfroBasket location was changed to the harbor city of Rades since Tunisia witnessed two deadly attacks this year.