Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Hamoudi named in Zamalek squad for CAF Confederations Cup
Portuguese coach, Ferreira, will have to contend with several of his key men missing in his selection. Omar Gaber is on trials over a move to Bordeaux, Adel Gomaa and Mostafa Fathi are both injured, while Mohamed Koffi and Sharif Alaa are also out.
Set to feature though will be their loan acquisition from FC Basel, Ahmed Hamoudi. The star midfielder seeks to regain his shine after failing to hold down a place at the Swiss outfit.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Gennesh, Mohamed Abou-Gabal.
Defenders: Ali Gabr, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Dweidar, Hamada Tolba
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Ibrahim Salah, Moruf Yusuf, Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Ibrahim.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Mohamed Salem, Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Zamalek are at the top of Group B, tied on nine points with Orlando Pirates. They will be seeking to bounce back from the defeat to AC Leopards last time out. A win in Sfax will assure qualification to the semi-finals.