Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
VIDEO: Nenny assists as Basel draw at home to Maccabi Tel Aviv
Basel conceded a late, late equaliser at home to Maccabi Tel Aviv that has dented their hopes of UEFA Champions League qualification.
Mohamed El-Nenny played all 90 minutes and assisted his side’s second goal in what was a strong performance.
Eran Zahavi gave the visitors the lead in the 30th minutes, but a Mariano Delegado penalty sent both sides into the break on level terms.
El-Nenny went close to scoring in the second half, but his shot missed the target.
The 23-year-old’s biggest contribution in the match was yet to come, however; his excellent pinpoint pass released Breel Embolo in the 88th minute, and the teenager kept his composure to finish the resulting one-on-one chance.
If Basel thought the points were wrapped up by then, their opponents had other ideas. The referee awarded six minutes of added time, and Zahavi completed his brace in the 96th minute.
The goal means Maaccabi Tel Aviv have the advantage going into the return leg next Tuesday, but Basel will fancy their chances of securing a positive result and participating in yet another edition of Europe’s top club competition.