Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
VIDEO: Nenny assists as Basel draw at home to Maccabi Tel Aviv
Basel conceded a late, late equaliser at home to Maccabi Tel Aviv that has dented their hopes of UEFA Champions League qualification.
Mohamed El-Nenny played all 90 minutes and assisted his side’s second goal in what was a strong performance.
Eran Zahavi gave the visitors the lead in the 30th minutes, but a Mariano Delegado penalty sent both sides into the break on level terms.
El-Nenny went close to scoring in the second half, but his shot missed the target.
The 23-year-old’s biggest contribution in the match was yet to come, however; his excellent pinpoint pass released Breel Embolo in the 88th minute, and the teenager kept his composure to finish the resulting one-on-one chance.
If Basel thought the points were wrapped up by then, their opponents had other ideas. The referee awarded six minutes of added time, and Zahavi completed his brace in the 96th minute.
The goal means Maaccabi Tel Aviv have the advantage going into the return leg next Tuesday, but Basel will fancy their chances of securing a positive result and participating in yet another edition of Europe’s top club competition.