Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Zamalek withdraw complaint against Al Ahly’s El-Sheikh
The complaint, which accused El-Sheikh of signing contracts for two clubs – with Zamalek prior to signing for Al Ahy – was responsible for the suspension of the 22-year-old player for four months in addition to a 133,000 EGP fine, which resulted in Al Ahly boycotting the EFA and all the EFA-organized competitions and tournaments.
However, the White Knights’ president, Mortada Mansour, said that he will withdraw the complaint on Thursday night to help solve this problem which he did by sending an official letter to the EFA.
“In response to the initiative made by the Minister of Sports, I will send someone to the EFA to withdraw the complaint against the player to remove any tension,” Mortda told CBC TV channel.
“If Al Ahly’s president went one step towards a reconciliation, I will go ten steps,” he added.