Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Basketball: Egypt beat Cameroon to top Group C in AfroBasket 2015
Egypt’s national basketball team defeated Cameroon 83-77 on Friday in their second game at the FIBA African Championship.
The Pharaohs previously thrashed Gabon 96-49 in the opening match of the AfroBasket 2015, which is being held in Tunisia.
The first quarter of the game was led by Egypt as they took it 22-14. Cameroon, however, were able to equalize the score after winning the second quarter 19-27, ending the first half in a 41-41 draw.
AfroBasket 2013 runners-up regained the upper hand at the second half of the game, as they won the final two quarters 25-21 and 17-15, succeeding in ending the match six points up.
Egypt will face Mali on Sunday in the third and final round of the group stage.
This year’s African champion will be heading straight to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics in 2016 while the other three semi-finalists will go into an Olympic qualifying tournament to qualify for the summer Olympics.