Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Basketball: Egypt beat Cameroon to top Group C in AfroBasket 2015
Egypt’s national basketball team defeated Cameroon 83-77 on Friday in their second game at the FIBA African Championship.
The Pharaohs previously thrashed Gabon 96-49 in the opening match of the AfroBasket 2015, which is being held in Tunisia.
The first quarter of the game was led by Egypt as they took it 22-14. Cameroon, however, were able to equalize the score after winning the second quarter 19-27, ending the first half in a 41-41 draw.
AfroBasket 2013 runners-up regained the upper hand at the second half of the game, as they won the final two quarters 25-21 and 17-15, succeeding in ending the match six points up.
Egypt are now leading Group C with four points, followed by Mali and Cameroon who are both on three points. Gabon sit at the bottom of the group after earning two points from two defeats.
Egypt will face Mali on Sunday in the third and final round of the group stage.
This year’s African champion will be heading straight to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics in 2016 while the other three semi-finalists will go into an Olympic qualifying tournament to qualify for the summer Olympics.