Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Basketball: Egypt beat Cameroon to top Group C in AfroBasket 2015
Egypt’s national basketball team defeated Cameroon 83-77 on Friday in their second game at the FIBA African Championship.
The Pharaohs previously thrashed Gabon 96-49 in the opening match of the AfroBasket 2015, which is being held in Tunisia.
The first quarter of the game was led by Egypt as they took it 22-14. Cameroon, however, were able to equalize the score after winning the second quarter 19-27, ending the first half in a 41-41 draw.
AfroBasket 2013 runners-up regained the upper hand at the second half of the game, as they won the final two quarters 25-21 and 17-15, succeeding in ending the match six points up.
Egypt are now leading Group C with four points, followed by Mali and Cameroon who are both on three points. Gabon sit at the bottom of the group after earning two points from two defeats.
Egypt will face Mali on Sunday in the third and final round of the group stage.
This year’s African champion will be heading straight to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics in 2016 while the other three semi-finalists will go into an Olympic qualifying tournament to qualify for the summer Olympics.