Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Basketball: Egypt beat Cameroon to top Group C in AfroBasket 2015
Egypt’s national basketball team defeated Cameroon 83-77 on Friday in their second game at the FIBA African Championship.
The Pharaohs previously thrashed Gabon 96-49 in the opening match of the AfroBasket 2015, which is being held in Tunisia.
The first quarter of the game was led by Egypt as they took it 22-14. Cameroon, however, were able to equalize the score after winning the second quarter 19-27, ending the first half in a 41-41 draw.
AfroBasket 2013 runners-up regained the upper hand at the second half of the game, as they won the final two quarters 25-21 and 17-15, succeeding in ending the match six points up.
Egypt are now leading Group C with four points, followed by Mali and Cameroon who are both on three points. Gabon sit at the bottom of the group after earning two points from two defeats.
Egypt will face Mali on Sunday in the third and final round of the group stage.
This year’s African champion will be heading straight to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics in 2016 while the other three semi-finalists will go into an Olympic qualifying tournament to qualify for the summer Olympics.