Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores at Lugano as FC Basel maintain perfect league start
Davide Callà scored a brace while El-Nenny was also on target as FC Basel made it six wins from six league games following a 3-1 away victory at FC Lugano on Saturday afternoon.
After going down early on following a ninth minute strike from former AC Milan youngster Mario Piccinocchi, FC Basel responded immediately as Callà scored his first of the night just two minutes later.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny, who scored and assisted last weekend in the Swiss Cup, netted his second goal of the season to give Basel the lead just before half-time. The 23-year-old central midfielder advanced deep into the opposition’s box and steered a blocked shot into the back of the net from close range.
In the second half, Basel continued where they left off as Callà completed his brace in the 48th minute to make the score 3-1. The match ended with this scoreline, taking their points tally to 18 from six games.
The win should boost the side’s moral prior to travelling to Israel, where they will face Maccabi Tel Aviv in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier. The Swiss champions were left disappointed in the first leg as they allowed the visitors to score two away goals, including a late equaliser.