Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores at Lugano as FC Basel maintain perfect league start
Davide Callà scored a brace while El-Nenny was also on target as FC Basel made it six wins from six league games following a 3-1 away victory at FC Lugano on Saturday afternoon.
After going down early on following a ninth minute strike from former AC Milan youngster Mario Piccinocchi, FC Basel responded immediately as Callà scored his first of the night just two minutes later.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny, who scored and assisted last weekend in the Swiss Cup, netted his second goal of the season to give Basel the lead just before half-time. The 23-year-old central midfielder advanced deep into the opposition’s box and steered a blocked shot into the back of the net from close range.
In the second half, Basel continued where they left off as Callà completed his brace in the 48th minute to make the score 3-1. The match ended with this scoreline, taking their points tally to 18 from six games.
The win should boost the side’s moral prior to travelling to Israel, where they will face Maccabi Tel Aviv in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier. The Swiss champions were left disappointed in the first leg as they allowed the visitors to score two away goals, including a late equaliser.