Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores at Lugano as FC Basel maintain perfect league start
Davide Callà scored a brace while El-Nenny was also on target as FC Basel made it six wins from six league games following a 3-1 away victory at FC Lugano on Saturday afternoon.
After going down early on following a ninth minute strike from former AC Milan youngster Mario Piccinocchi, FC Basel responded immediately as Callà scored his first of the night just two minutes later.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny, who scored and assisted last weekend in the Swiss Cup, netted his second goal of the season to give Basel the lead just before half-time. The 23-year-old central midfielder advanced deep into the opposition’s box and steered a blocked shot into the back of the net from close range.
In the second half, Basel continued where they left off as Callà completed his brace in the 48th minute to make the score 3-1. The match ended with this scoreline, taking their points tally to 18 from six games.
The win should boost the side’s moral prior to travelling to Israel, where they will face Maccabi Tel Aviv in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier. The Swiss champions were left disappointed in the first leg as they allowed the visitors to score two away goals, including a late equaliser.