Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores at Lugano as FC Basel maintain perfect league start
Davide Callà scored a brace while El-Nenny was also on target as FC Basel made it six wins from six league games following a 3-1 away victory at FC Lugano on Saturday afternoon.
After going down early on following a ninth minute strike from former AC Milan youngster Mario Piccinocchi, FC Basel responded immediately as Callà scored his first of the night just two minutes later.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny, who scored and assisted last weekend in the Swiss Cup, netted his second goal of the season to give Basel the lead just before half-time. The 23-year-old central midfielder advanced deep into the opposition’s box and steered a blocked shot into the back of the net from close range.
In the second half, Basel continued where they left off as Callà completed his brace in the 48th minute to make the score 3-1. The match ended with this scoreline, taking their points tally to 18 from six games.
The win should boost the side’s moral prior to travelling to Israel, where they will face Maccabi Tel Aviv in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier. The Swiss champions were left disappointed in the first leg as they allowed the visitors to score two away goals, including a late equaliser.