Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
VIDEO: El-Nenny scores at Lugano as FC Basel maintain perfect league start
Davide Callà scored a brace while El-Nenny was also on target as FC Basel made it six wins from six league games following a 3-1 away victory at FC Lugano on Saturday afternoon.
After going down early on following a ninth minute strike from former AC Milan youngster Mario Piccinocchi, FC Basel responded immediately as Callà scored his first of the night just two minutes later.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny, who scored and assisted last weekend in the Swiss Cup, netted his second goal of the season to give Basel the lead just before half-time. The 23-year-old central midfielder advanced deep into the opposition’s box and steered a blocked shot into the back of the net from close range.
In the second half, Basel continued where they left off as Callà completed his brace in the 48th minute to make the score 3-1. The match ended with this scoreline, taking their points tally to 18 from six games.
The win should boost the side’s moral prior to travelling to Israel, where they will face Maccabi Tel Aviv in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier. The Swiss champions were left disappointed in the first leg as they allowed the visitors to score two away goals, including a late equaliser.