Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Video: Koka’s goal against Braga gives Rio Ave first victory of new season
Koka’s goal against SC Braga secured his side their first victory of the season in the second round of the 2015/16 Primeira Liga campaign.
The game’s only goal came in the 36th minute following a perfectly weighted set piece into the box which found Koka’s head who managed to divert it into the net beyond the reach of Braga’s goalkeeper.
Things looked to be going the wrong way for Rio Ave when their central defender Nelson Monte received his second yellow card in the game to be sent off the pitch in the 54th minute.
Braga had 61% of the game’s total possession, 11 attempts with four ending up soon target and 11 corners, however, all failed to score an equalising goal.
The 23-year-old’s goal sends his side to the top of the Primeira Liga table, having played one more game, along with Braga, than the rest of the teams in the competition.
The young striker would have had two goals already to his name if not for his controversially ruled out goal last week during his side’s 3-3 draw against Belenenses.