Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Video: Koka’s goal against Braga gives Rio Ave first victory of new season
Koka’s goal against SC Braga secured his side their first victory of the season in the second round of the 2015/16 Primeira Liga campaign.
The game’s only goal came in the 36th minute following a perfectly weighted set piece into the box which found Koka’s head who managed to divert it into the net beyond the reach of Braga’s goalkeeper.
Things looked to be going the wrong way for Rio Ave when their central defender Nelson Monte received his second yellow card in the game to be sent off the pitch in the 54th minute.
Braga had 61% of the game’s total possession, 11 attempts with four ending up soon target and 11 corners, however, all failed to score an equalising goal.
The 23-year-old’s goal sends his side to the top of the Primeira Liga table, having played one more game, along with Braga, than the rest of the teams in the competition.
The young striker would have had two goals already to his name if not for his controversially ruled out goal last week during his side’s 3-3 draw against Belenenses.