AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Video: Koka’s goal against Braga gives Rio Ave first victory of new season
Koka’s goal against SC Braga secured his side their first victory of the season in the second round of the 2015/16 Primeira Liga campaign.
The game’s only goal came in the 36th minute following a perfectly weighted set piece into the box which found Koka’s head who managed to divert it into the net beyond the reach of Braga’s goalkeeper.
Things looked to be going the wrong way for Rio Ave when their central defender Nelson Monte received his second yellow card in the game to be sent off the pitch in the 54th minute.
Braga had 61% of the game’s total possession, 11 attempts with four ending up soon target and 11 corners, however, all failed to score an equalising goal.
The 23-year-old’s goal sends his side to the top of the Primeira Liga table, having played one more game, along with Braga, than the rest of the teams in the competition.
The young striker would have had two goals already to his name if not for his controversially ruled out goal last week during his side’s 3-3 draw against Belenenses.