Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Video: Koka’s goal against Braga gives Rio Ave first victory of new season
The game’s only goal came in the 36th minute following a perfectly weighted set piece into the box which found Koka’s head who managed to divert it into the net beyond the reach of Braga’s goalkeeper.
Things looked to be going the wrong way for Rio Ave when their central defender Nelson Monte received his second yellow card in the game to be sent off the pitch in the 54th minute.
Braga had 61% of the game’s total possession, 11 attempts with four ending up soon target and 11 corners, however, all failed to score an equalising goal.
The 23-year-old’s goal sends his side to the top of the Primeira Liga table, having played one more game, along with Braga, than the rest of the teams in the competition.
The young striker would have had two goals already to his name if not for his controversially ruled out goal last week during his side’s 3-3 draw against Belenenses.