Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Official: Amr Warda joins Panetolikos FC
Warda had trials at both Europa League winners Sevilla and Norwegian side IK but Al Ahly called him back both times. Another offer was received from Real Betis who wanted him to join them last winter first for a 2-week trial with a loan and option to buy proposed. The Cairo giants did not accept Betis’ offer.
The 22-year-old had struggled to break into Al Ahly’s squad and had moved on loan to Ittihad of Alexandria on a six-month deal last winter where he made 16 appearances and scored one goal for the coastal city’s club.
Amr is capable of playing as a playmaker or shadow striker.
The young playmaker had made a 15 minute appearance in a friendly for his new side on Sunday where he impressed while acting as the side’s playmaker.
Amr had previously expressed his delight at being able to join the Greek side on a free transfer and begin what he hopes to be a long stint in Europe.
It’s well worth mentioning that Al Ahly have secured a first-refusal option on the talented playmaker.
The Canaries finished 7th in the league last season and were only 2 points away from a possible place in the play offs for Greece’s second Champions League spot.