Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Official: Amr Warda joins Panetolikos FC
Warda had trials at both Europa League winners Sevilla and Norwegian side IK but Al Ahly called him back both times. Another offer was received from Real Betis who wanted him to join them last winter first for a 2-week trial with a loan and option to buy proposed. The Cairo giants did not accept Betis’ offer.
The 22-year-old had struggled to break into Al Ahly’s squad and had moved on loan to Ittihad of Alexandria on a six-month deal last winter where he made 16 appearances and scored one goal for the coastal city’s club.
Amr is capable of playing as a playmaker or shadow striker.
The young playmaker had made a 15 minute appearance in a friendly for his new side on Sunday where he impressed while acting as the side’s playmaker.
Amr had previously expressed his delight at being able to join the Greek side on a free transfer and begin what he hopes to be a long stint in Europe.
It’s well worth mentioning that Al Ahly have secured a first-refusal option on the talented playmaker.
The Canaries finished 7th in the league last season and were only 2 points away from a possible place in the play offs for Greece’s second Champions League spot.