Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Official: Amr Warda joins Panetolikos FC
Warda had trials at both Europa League winners Sevilla and Norwegian side IK but Al Ahly called him back both times. Another offer was received from Real Betis who wanted him to join them last winter first for a 2-week trial with a loan and option to buy proposed. The Cairo giants did not accept Betis’ offer.
The 22-year-old had struggled to break into Al Ahly’s squad and had moved on loan to Ittihad of Alexandria on a six-month deal last winter where he made 16 appearances and scored one goal for the coastal city’s club.
Amr is capable of playing as a playmaker or shadow striker.
The young playmaker had made a 15 minute appearance in a friendly for his new side on Sunday where he impressed while acting as the side’s playmaker.
Amr had previously expressed his delight at being able to join the Greek side on a free transfer and begin what he hopes to be a long stint in Europe.
It’s well worth mentioning that Al Ahly have secured a first-refusal option on the talented playmaker.
The Canaries finished 7th in the league last season and were only 2 points away from a possible place in the play offs for Greece’s second Champions League spot.