Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
Salah debuts as Roma draw against Verona on opening day of Serie A season
Mohamed Salah’s AS Roma were held to a 1-1 draw against Hellas Verona on their first match of the Serie A season.
It was a rather quiet match for both sides as neither were able to grab the three points and settled for a draw.
The Egyptian international made his competitive debut for Roma along with new signings Edin Dzeko and Wojciech Szczesny.
As the first half began, Verona had full control over the match, and made their first attempt in the second minute with a through ball down the left flank, but the shot taken went wide.
The remainder of the half was quiet, with very little action from the long-awaited new arrival Mohamed Salah. The 23-year-old attacking midfielder found it difficult to have any significant impact during the first half.
The first half ended rather quiet, with a couple of chances from both sides but both failed to execute those opportunities.
As the second half began, Roma were introduced with a goal in the 61st minute from Verona winger Besko Jankovic, who slotted home for the mid-table Italian club, as he placed the ball in the bottom right corner.
Rudi Garcia responded by making two substitutions that immediately proved necessary, as in the 66th minute Alessandro Florenzi, after being assisted by Edin Dzeko, struck a rocket into the bottom left corner to level things for the Italian giants.
Right before the goal, Mohamed Salah came off and was replaced by Iago Falque after failing to give the fans what they had expected.
It is worth mentioning that Salah was pushed around whenever he had possession of the ball and even thrown to the ground numerous times throughout the match.
AS Roma now have one point in the Serie A and their next game is against title defenders, Juventus, on the 30th of August.