Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VIDEO: USM Alger dump ES Sétif out of the Champions League
Youcef Belaili, Kaddour Beldjilali and Mohamed Aoudia scored the goals for the hosts in what was a fairly one-sided derby.
Belaili opened the scoring in the 34th minute; a defence-splitting pass sent the number 10 one-on-one with the goalkeeper, and he made no mistake from 19 yards out, slotting the ball into the bottom-right corner.
The visitors’ poor defending continued, and they would be punished just 3 minutes later, as Belaili crossed for Beldjilali before the latter shot from a narrow angle and saw his hit ‘keeper Khedairia’s outstretched arm and roll into the inner side-netting, as the home support roared with approval.
Defender Aoudia compounded his former team’s woes in the 74th minute, slamming home the rebound after his header from man-of-the-match Belaili’s cross was saved.
USM Alger have been in imperious form over the course of the tournament, winning all five of their Group B – which they top – matches and scoring a total of goals throughout the competition. Sétif, on the other hand, are out of the tournament, less than 10 months after clinching the title against AS Vita Club. Accordingly, runners-up Al-Merrikh of Sudan have qualified for the semi-finals along with USM Alger, despite not having played their final two matches (against last-placed MC El Eulma and the group leaders respectively).
You can watch the goals here: