Former general supervisor of Ghana national youth teams George Afriyie believes that Ebenezer Assifuah...
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
VIDEO: USM Alger dump ES Sétif out of the Champions League
Youcef Belaili, Kaddour Beldjilali and Mohamed Aoudia scored the goals for the hosts in what was a fairly one-sided derby.
Belaili opened the scoring in the 34th minute; a defence-splitting pass sent the number 10 one-on-one with the goalkeeper, and he made no mistake from 19 yards out, slotting the ball into the bottom-right corner.
The visitors’ poor defending continued, and they would be punished just 3 minutes later, as Belaili crossed for Beldjilali before the latter shot from a narrow angle and saw his hit ‘keeper Khedairia’s outstretched arm and roll into the inner side-netting, as the home support roared with approval.
Defender Aoudia compounded his former team’s woes in the 74th minute, slamming home the rebound after his header from man-of-the-match Belaili’s cross was saved.
USM Alger have been in imperious form over the course of the tournament, winning all five of their Group B – which they top – matches and scoring a total of goals throughout the competition. Sétif, on the other hand, are out of the tournament, less than 10 months after clinching the title against AS Vita Club. Accordingly, runners-up Al-Merrikh of Sudan have qualified for the semi-finals along with USM Alger, despite not having played their final two matches (against last-placed MC El Eulma and the group leaders respectively).
You can watch the goals here: