Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
VIDEO: USM Alger dump ES Sétif out of the Champions League
Youcef Belaili, Kaddour Beldjilali and Mohamed Aoudia scored the goals for the hosts in what was a fairly one-sided derby.
Belaili opened the scoring in the 34th minute; a defence-splitting pass sent the number 10 one-on-one with the goalkeeper, and he made no mistake from 19 yards out, slotting the ball into the bottom-right corner.
The visitors’ poor defending continued, and they would be punished just 3 minutes later, as Belaili crossed for Beldjilali before the latter shot from a narrow angle and saw his hit ‘keeper Khedairia’s outstretched arm and roll into the inner side-netting, as the home support roared with approval.
Defender Aoudia compounded his former team’s woes in the 74th minute, slamming home the rebound after his header from man-of-the-match Belaili’s cross was saved.
USM Alger have been in imperious form over the course of the tournament, winning all five of their Group B – which they top – matches and scoring a total of goals throughout the competition. Sétif, on the other hand, are out of the tournament, less than 10 months after clinching the title against AS Vita Club. Accordingly, runners-up Al-Merrikh of Sudan have qualified for the semi-finals along with USM Alger, despite not having played their final two matches (against last-placed MC El Eulma and the group leaders respectively).
You can watch the goals here: