Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
VIDEO: USM Alger dump ES Sétif out of the Champions League
Youcef Belaili, Kaddour Beldjilali and Mohamed Aoudia scored the goals for the hosts in what was a fairly one-sided derby.
Belaili opened the scoring in the 34th minute; a defence-splitting pass sent the number 10 one-on-one with the goalkeeper, and he made no mistake from 19 yards out, slotting the ball into the bottom-right corner.
The visitors’ poor defending continued, and they would be punished just 3 minutes later, as Belaili crossed for Beldjilali before the latter shot from a narrow angle and saw his hit ‘keeper Khedairia’s outstretched arm and roll into the inner side-netting, as the home support roared with approval.
Defender Aoudia compounded his former team’s woes in the 74th minute, slamming home the rebound after his header from man-of-the-match Belaili’s cross was saved.
USM Alger have been in imperious form over the course of the tournament, winning all five of their Group B – which they top – matches and scoring a total of goals throughout the competition. Sétif, on the other hand, are out of the tournament, less than 10 months after clinching the title against AS Vita Club. Accordingly, runners-up Al-Merrikh of Sudan have qualified for the semi-finals along with USM Alger, despite not having played their final two matches (against last-placed MC El Eulma and the group leaders respectively).
You can watch the goals here: