Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Al-Merrikh stage comeback to defeat MC El Eulma
Bottom of group B, MC El Eulma seemed to have gotten some respite as they led their visitors by two goals in the first 26 minutes courtesy of Kadri and Abbes. This lead appeared to have given them their first win in the group stage as the game went into the closing stages, but Merrikh had other ideas.
The Sudanese team, who qualified after USM Alger’s win last night, rallied from the 67th minute with Eldin Yousif hitting the mark. Badri Al-Madina then hit a brace, including an injury time spot-kick, to complete the comeback. MC El Eulma now potentially face the embarrassment of becoming the second team to finish the group stages without a single point.
USM Alger lead the group on 15 points from 5 games and will be looking to become the first team to finish the CAF Champions League group stage with a perfect record. Merrikh qualify as runners-up with 10 points while ES Setif and MC El Eulma have four and zero points respectively. The final round of games is set for the second weekend of September.