Desire Oparonozie’s late goal was enough to see the Super Falcons through...
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
Al-Merrikh stage comeback to defeat MC El Eulma
Bottom of group B, MC El Eulma seemed to have gotten some respite as they led their visitors by two goals in the first 26 minutes courtesy of Kadri and Abbes. This lead appeared to have given them their first win in the group stage as the game went into the closing stages, but Merrikh had other ideas.
The Sudanese team, who qualified after USM Alger’s win last night, rallied from the 67th minute with Eldin Yousif hitting the mark. Badri Al-Madina then hit a brace, including an injury time spot-kick, to complete the comeback. MC El Eulma now potentially face the embarrassment of becoming the second team to finish the group stages without a single point.
USM Alger lead the group on 15 points from 5 games and will be looking to become the first team to finish the CAF Champions League group stage with a perfect record. Merrikh qualify as runners-up with 10 points while ES Setif and MC El Eulma have four and zero points respectively. The final round of games is set for the second weekend of September.