Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
Al-Merrikh stage comeback to defeat MC El Eulma
Bottom of group B, MC El Eulma seemed to have gotten some respite as they led their visitors by two goals in the first 26 minutes courtesy of Kadri and Abbes. This lead appeared to have given them their first win in the group stage as the game went into the closing stages, but Merrikh had other ideas.
The Sudanese team, who qualified after USM Alger’s win last night, rallied from the 67th minute with Eldin Yousif hitting the mark. Badri Al-Madina then hit a brace, including an injury time spot-kick, to complete the comeback. MC El Eulma now potentially face the embarrassment of becoming the second team to finish the group stages without a single point.
USM Alger lead the group on 15 points from 5 games and will be looking to become the first team to finish the CAF Champions League group stage with a perfect record. Merrikh qualify as runners-up with 10 points while ES Setif and MC El Eulma have four and zero points respectively. The final round of games is set for the second weekend of September.