An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Al-Merrikh stage comeback to defeat MC El Eulma
Bottom of group B, MC El Eulma seemed to have gotten some respite as they led their visitors by two goals in the first 26 minutes courtesy of Kadri and Abbes. This lead appeared to have given them their first win in the group stage as the game went into the closing stages, but Merrikh had other ideas.
The Sudanese team, who qualified after USM Alger’s win last night, rallied from the 67th minute with Eldin Yousif hitting the mark. Badri Al-Madina then hit a brace, including an injury time spot-kick, to complete the comeback. MC El Eulma now potentially face the embarrassment of becoming the second team to finish the group stages without a single point.
USM Alger lead the group on 15 points from 5 games and will be looking to become the first team to finish the CAF Champions League group stage with a perfect record. Merrikh qualify as runners-up with 10 points while ES Setif and MC El Eulma have four and zero points respectively. The final round of games is set for the second weekend of September.