Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Cameroon footballer dies after collapsing on pitch
Cameroon striker Leopold Angong Oben passed away after collapsing on the pitch while featuring for his second division side.
The 26-year-old collapsed on the pitch and died during a match for Dynamo de Douala this Saturday. His side features in the Cameroonian league 2nd division and was playing against Colombe du Dja-et-Lobo.
According to Aime Moukoko, a journalist covering the game, Angong had received on-pitch treatment after being fouled and collapsed moments later on resumption. The players had tried reviving him before he was rushed to hospital by the Red Cross medical team.
His death was confirmed at the hospital, but the cause is yet to be specified.
Angong’s death follows other high profile tragedies to have befallen Cameroonian footballers on the field, namely, Marc Vivien Foe and Albert Ebosse.