KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Cameroon footballer dies after collapsing on pitch
Cameroon striker Leopold Angong Oben passed away after collapsing on the pitch while featuring for his second division side.
The 26-year-old collapsed on the pitch and died during a match for Dynamo de Douala this Saturday. His side features in the Cameroonian league 2nd division and was playing against Colombe du Dja-et-Lobo.
According to Aime Moukoko, a journalist covering the game, Angong had received on-pitch treatment after being fouled and collapsed moments later on resumption. The players had tried reviving him before he was rushed to hospital by the Red Cross medical team.
His death was confirmed at the hospital, but the cause is yet to be specified.
Angong’s death follows other high profile tragedies to have befallen Cameroonian footballers on the field, namely, Marc Vivien Foe and Albert Ebosse.