Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Cameroon footballer dies after collapsing on pitch
Cameroon striker Leopold Angong Oben passed away after collapsing on the pitch while featuring for his second division side.
The 26-year-old collapsed on the pitch and died during a match for Dynamo de Douala this Saturday. His side features in the Cameroonian league 2nd division and was playing against Colombe du Dja-et-Lobo.
According to Aime Moukoko, a journalist covering the game, Angong had received on-pitch treatment after being fouled and collapsed moments later on resumption. The players had tried reviving him before he was rushed to hospital by the Red Cross medical team.
His death was confirmed at the hospital, but the cause is yet to be specified.
Angong’s death follows other high profile tragedies to have befallen Cameroonian footballers on the field, namely, Marc Vivien Foe and Albert Ebosse.