Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
Espérance coach resigns after home defeat
Espérance coach Jose Anigo submitted his resignation after losing to Al Ahly 1-0 in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday.
The former Olympique Marseille coach quit after leading the Blood & Gold in seven matches only. The 54-year-old started with the team in late June and lost five of his seven games.
The Tunisian club officials said that Anigo’s assistant Bernard Rodriguez will be leading the team for now.
Espérance’s loss confirmed their exit from the competition after winning only one match in the CAF Confederation Cup group stage and losing the other four. They have three points from five games; seven points behind group leaders Al Ahly and six behind Etoile du Sahel.