ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Espérance coach resigns after home defeat
Espérance coach Jose Anigo submitted his resignation after losing to Al Ahly 1-0 in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday.
The former Olympique Marseille coach quit after leading the Blood & Gold in seven matches only. The 54-year-old started with the team in late June and lost five of his seven games.
The Tunisian club officials said that Anigo’s assistant Bernard Rodriguez will be leading the team for now.
Espérance’s loss confirmed their exit from the competition after winning only one match in the CAF Confederation Cup group stage and losing the other four. They have three points from five games; seven points behind group leaders Al Ahly and six behind Etoile du Sahel.