The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Espérance coach resigns after home defeat
Espérance coach Jose Anigo submitted his resignation after losing to Al Ahly 1-0 in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday.
The former Olympique Marseille coach quit after leading the Blood & Gold in seven matches only. The 54-year-old started with the team in late June and lost five of his seven games.
The Tunisian club officials said that Anigo’s assistant Bernard Rodriguez will be leading the team for now.
Espérance’s loss confirmed their exit from the competition after winning only one match in the CAF Confederation Cup group stage and losing the other four. They have three points from five games; seven points behind group leaders Al Ahly and six behind Etoile du Sahel.