Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Koka close to Istanbul BB move – Report
The young striker joined his current team at the beginning of the 2012/2013 season and was able to grab 8 league goals in 17 appearances for Rio Ave.
In spite of the promising goal return, Koka was sent off twice in his first season, something which hasn’t happened for him from the 2013-2014 season onwards.
Last season the Egyptian scored 15 goals in all competitions despite being injured for a long time near the end of the season.
The 22-year-old’s performances, who plays as a traditional number 9, have garnered the interest of several clubs in Europe with Benfica reportedly sealing the deal on him, before the transfer fell through.
Portuguese newspaper Record have reported that Istanbul BB are interested in the services of Koka and could get him for around 1 million Euros.
Koka has been also linked to other teams such as Sporting Lisbon and Sevilla who reportedly will opt to get the young striker on their team if they fail to land Llorente this transfer window.
Turkish giants Galatasaray were previously reported to be interested in securing the Egyptian’s services.