Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Koka close to Istanbul BB move – Report
The young striker joined his current team at the beginning of the 2012/2013 season and was able to grab 8 league goals in 17 appearances for Rio Ave.
In spite of the promising goal return, Koka was sent off twice in his first season, something which hasn’t happened for him from the 2013-2014 season onwards.
Last season the Egyptian scored 15 goals in all competitions despite being injured for a long time near the end of the season.
The 22-year-old’s performances, who plays as a traditional number 9, have garnered the interest of several clubs in Europe with Benfica reportedly sealing the deal on him, before the transfer fell through.
Portuguese newspaper Record have reported that Istanbul BB are interested in the services of Koka and could get him for around 1 million Euros.
Koka has been also linked to other teams such as Sporting Lisbon and Sevilla who reportedly will opt to get the young striker on their team if they fail to land Llorente this transfer window.
Turkish giants Galatasaray were previously reported to be interested in securing the Egyptian’s services.