Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Tennis: Sandra Samir wins Women’s Futures tournament singles title
Samir reached the final after a hard long semi-final match against Ireland’s Jenny Claffey 3-6, 6-4, 6-3. She then met French seed No. 5 Victoria Muntean, who she managed to defeat 6-1 and 6-2.
“The semi and final matches were not easy at all. My match against Claffey took a long time. Plus the weather was too hot. We started to play our matches around 5pm,” Samir said.
The tournament was held in Sharm El Sheikh from 3 to 9 August in the JolieVille Maritim Golf and Resort Tennis Club. It had players from 18 countries a total money prize of $10,000.
After winning her first singles title, the 17-year-old improved her world rankings from 607 to 511.
Samir started her tennis career at the age of 5 as she used to practice with her father who later became her trainer when she started to fell in love with the game at the age of 13.