Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Al-Hilal squeeze past Mazembe to move level on points in Group A
Al-Hilal Omdurman defeated TP Mazembe 1-0 in a tight encounter, thanks to teenager Ather El Tahir’s winner in Sudan.
The win sees the hosts move level on eight points with both Mazembe and Moghreb Tetouan, who defeated Smouha in the second match of the night.
El Tahir capitalized on a rebound in the seventh minute to put the hosts in the lead against their Lubumbashi-based counterparts.
An otherwise uneventful match ended 1-0, a positive result for Al-Hilal who travel to the already-eliminated Smouha on the 11th of September, while Mazembe will host Tetouan on the same day, at the same time.