Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Al-Hilal squeeze past Mazembe to move level on points in Group A
Al-Hilal Omdurman defeated TP Mazembe 1-0 in a tight encounter, thanks to teenager Ather El Tahir’s winner in Sudan.
The win sees the hosts move level on eight points with both Mazembe and Moghreb Tetouan, who defeated Smouha in the second match of the night.
El Tahir capitalized on a rebound in the seventh minute to put the hosts in the lead against their Lubumbashi-based counterparts.
An otherwise uneventful match ended 1-0, a positive result for Al-Hilal who travel to the already-eliminated Smouha on the 11th of September, while Mazembe will host Tetouan on the same day, at the same time.