After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finishes 7th in World Athletics Championships
Egyptian hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finished 7th at the IAAF World Athletics Championships in Beijing, recording a 76.81 meter throw.
The Egyptian qualified to the final of the 15th IAAF World Athletics Championships after finishing eighth, following his best of three throws on the first attempt, recording 75.48 meters. The second throw was a foul while the third was 74.06 meters.
El Gamal’s 76.81 meter throw grabbed him 7th place after he failed to break his own 81.27 meters record that he made in Cairo last year. Poland’s Pawel Fajdek claimed the gold medal with a 80.88 throw to retain his world title.
El-Gamal’s compatriot Mostafa Amr finished 18th out of 28 participants in Beijing. Javelin thrower Ehab Abdel-Rahman is Egypt’s last hope of winning the first ever Athletics medal as he will participate in the javelin throw qualifying group stage on Sunday.