Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finishes 7th in World Athletics Championships
Egyptian hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finished 7th at the IAAF World Athletics Championships in Beijing, recording a 76.81 meter throw.
The Egyptian qualified to the final of the 15th IAAF World Athletics Championships after finishing eighth, following his best of three throws on the first attempt, recording 75.48 meters. The second throw was a foul while the third was 74.06 meters.
El Gamal’s 76.81 meter throw grabbed him 7th place after he failed to break his own 81.27 meters record that he made in Cairo last year. Poland’s Pawel Fajdek claimed the gold medal with a 80.88 throw to retain his world title.
El-Gamal’s compatriot Mostafa Amr finished 18th out of 28 participants in Beijing. Javelin thrower Ehab Abdel-Rahman is Egypt’s last hope of winning the first ever Athletics medal as he will participate in the javelin throw qualifying group stage on Sunday.