Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finishes 7th in World Athletics Championships
Egyptian hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finished 7th at the IAAF World Athletics Championships in Beijing, recording a 76.81 meter throw.
The Egyptian qualified to the final of the 15th IAAF World Athletics Championships after finishing eighth, following his best of three throws on the first attempt, recording 75.48 meters. The second throw was a foul while the third was 74.06 meters.
El Gamal’s 76.81 meter throw grabbed him 7th place after he failed to break his own 81.27 meters record that he made in Cairo last year. Poland’s Pawel Fajdek claimed the gold medal with a 80.88 throw to retain his world title.
El-Gamal’s compatriot Mostafa Amr finished 18th out of 28 participants in Beijing. Javelin thrower Ehab Abdel-Rahman is Egypt’s last hope of winning the first ever Athletics medal as he will participate in the javelin throw qualifying group stage on Sunday.