Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finishes 7th in World Athletics Championships
Egyptian hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finished 7th at the IAAF World Athletics Championships in Beijing, recording a 76.81 meter throw.
The Egyptian qualified to the final of the 15th IAAF World Athletics Championships after finishing eighth, following his best of three throws on the first attempt, recording 75.48 meters. The second throw was a foul while the third was 74.06 meters.
El Gamal’s 76.81 meter throw grabbed him 7th place after he failed to break his own 81.27 meters record that he made in Cairo last year. Poland’s Pawel Fajdek claimed the gold medal with a 80.88 throw to retain his world title.
El-Gamal’s compatriot Mostafa Amr finished 18th out of 28 participants in Beijing. Javelin thrower Ehab Abdel-Rahman is Egypt’s last hope of winning the first ever Athletics medal as he will participate in the javelin throw qualifying group stage on Sunday.