The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
Hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finishes 7th in World Athletics Championships
Egyptian hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamal finished 7th at the IAAF World Athletics Championships in Beijing, recording a 76.81 meter throw.
The Egyptian qualified to the final of the 15th IAAF World Athletics Championships after finishing eighth, following his best of three throws on the first attempt, recording 75.48 meters. The second throw was a foul while the third was 74.06 meters.
El Gamal’s 76.81 meter throw grabbed him 7th place after he failed to break his own 81.27 meters record that he made in Cairo last year. Poland’s Pawel Fajdek claimed the gold medal with a 80.88 throw to retain his world title.
El-Gamal’s compatriot Mostafa Amr finished 18th out of 28 participants in Beijing. Javelin thrower Ehab Abdel-Rahman is Egypt’s last hope of winning the first ever Athletics medal as he will participate in the javelin throw qualifying group stage on Sunday.