Glen De Boeck has talked about his latest signing in summer transfer window Mahmoud...
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
Bordeaux prepare bid for Omar Gaber
Girondins players and staff are reportedly pleased with the 23-year-old’s technical abilities while the team’s staff are reported to discuss the transfer with Zamalek on Tuesday.
Following a successful trial at the Ligue 1 club, Willy Sagnol has given the green light to make a bid for the Egyptian according to foot-express.com.
The bid is expected to be between one and one-and-a-half million euros which could prove to be just enough to secure Gaber’s services from Zamalek.
After making his senior debut for Zamalek in the 2009/10 season, Omar has gradually worked his way into the team’s starting line up, becoming a regular for the Cairo-based side.
Gaber’s impressive appearances for the Egyptian Premier League Champions earned him a spot in KingFut’s team of the season.
Despite the French side’s interest, the deal could yet fall through as Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has previously released statements saying that Omar Gaber wouldn’t leave the side for less than three million euros.
Omar is an international player and has featured for the Egyptian National team on 11 occasions. He has been called up for Egypt’s squad which is set to face Chad in the 2017 AFCON qualifiers.