Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Basketball: Egypt defeat Mali to maintain top of Group C in AfroBasket 2015
The Egyptian national basketball team beat Mali 55-49 on Sunday in the third and final game of the 2015 FIBA African Basketball Championship group stage.
In the third game of the AfroBasket 2015, Egypt defeated Mali in a close match that ended 55-49 to the Pharaohs. Egypt had previously defeated Cameroon and Gabon in the first two rounds of the tournament.
The Pharaohs kicked off the game dominating their opponents in the first quarter and winning 17-10. Egypt continued to lead in the second quarter but the score was close as it ended 11-10.
The third quarter ended up in the same result 11-10 but this time to the Malians. The Malians were back in the game as they also won the 4th and final quarter 18-17. The match, however, ended with the Pharaohs triumphant 55-49, thanks to the seven-point lead in the first quarter.
The Pharaohs qualified top of their group to the round of 16 after winning all three of their games and collecting all six points. Cameroon came in the second place with five points, followed by Mali with four points, while Gabon sit at the bottom of the group with three points from three defeats.
Egypt are set to face on Tuesday the fourth-place team in Group D, which includes Cape Verde, Algeria, Ivory Coast and Zimbabwe.