Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
Basketball: Egypt defeat Mali to maintain top of Group C in AfroBasket 2015
The Egyptian national basketball team beat Mali 55-49 on Sunday in the third and final game of the 2015 FIBA African Basketball Championship group stage.
In the third game of the AfroBasket 2015, Egypt defeated Mali in a close match that ended 55-49 to the Pharaohs. Egypt had previously defeated Cameroon and Gabon in the first two rounds of the tournament.
The Pharaohs kicked off the game dominating their opponents in the first quarter and winning 17-10. Egypt continued to lead in the second quarter but the score was close as it ended 11-10.
The third quarter ended up in the same result 11-10 but this time to the Malians. The Malians were back in the game as they also won the 4th and final quarter 18-17. The match, however, ended with the Pharaohs triumphant 55-49, thanks to the seven-point lead in the first quarter.
The Pharaohs qualified top of their group to the round of 16 after winning all three of their games and collecting all six points. Cameroon came in the second place with five points, followed by Mali with four points, while Gabon sit at the bottom of the group with three points from three defeats.
Egypt are set to face on Tuesday the fourth-place team in Group D, which includes Cape Verde, Algeria, Ivory Coast and Zimbabwe.