Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Ghazal sees red as Nacional triumphant in Madeira derby
Nacional’s 23-year-old Egyptian defensive midfielder Aly Ghazal was sent off in the 85th minute of the Madeira derby after getting two yellow cards in two consecutive minutes.
Nevertheless, Ghazal’s side came up on top after defeating their newly-promoted rivals União da Madeira with a lone goal that came through Francisco Soares in the 39th minute of the game. This was Nacional’s first victory in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, after losing in the opening round 1-0 to Sporting Braga.
Nacional are set to face CD Tondela in the third round of the Liga on the 30th of August.