Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Ghazal sees red as Nacional triumphant in Madeira derby
Nacional’s 23-year-old Egyptian defensive midfielder Aly Ghazal was sent off in the 85th minute of the Madeira derby after getting two yellow cards in two consecutive minutes.
Nevertheless, Ghazal’s side came up on top after defeating their newly-promoted rivals União da Madeira with a lone goal that came through Francisco Soares in the 39th minute of the game. This was Nacional’s first victory in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, after losing in the opening round 1-0 to Sporting Braga.
Nacional are set to face CD Tondela in the third round of the Liga on the 30th of August.
It is worth noting that Aly Ghazal was not included in the Egypt squad announced by Héctor Cúper ahead of the Pharaohs’ AFCON 2017 qualifier against Chad.