Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Ghazal sees red as Nacional triumphant in Madeira derby
Nacional’s 23-year-old Egyptian defensive midfielder Aly Ghazal was sent off in the 85th minute of the Madeira derby after getting two yellow cards in two consecutive minutes.
Nevertheless, Ghazal’s side came up on top after defeating their newly-promoted rivals União da Madeira with a lone goal that came through Francisco Soares in the 39th minute of the game. This was Nacional’s first victory in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, after losing in the opening round 1-0 to Sporting Braga.
Nacional are set to face CD Tondela in the third round of the Liga on the 30th of August.
It is worth noting that Aly Ghazal was not included in the Egypt squad announced by Héctor Cúper ahead of the Pharaohs’ AFCON 2017 qualifier against Chad.