Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
VIDEO: Smouha knocked out of CAF Champions League by Moghreb Tetouan
The Blue Wave needed to win both their remaining matches to have any hope of qualifying for the semi-finals, but it wasn’t to be.
Jesus Rodriguez opened the scoring in the 13th minute, after some poor defending by the Smouha defence, which allowed him to squeeze a shot past Al-Mahdi Soliman and over the line.
The visitors needed to score two goals now, but the Moroccan’s had other ideas. 17 minutes from the final whistle, Amr El-Menoufi commited a clumsy challenge in the area and the referee duly pointed to the spot. Abdeladim Khadrouf scored thee resulting penalty to make it 2-0.
Just two minutes later, Amr El-Menoufi atoned for his earlier mistake by unleashing a 25-yard shot into the bottom corner to reduce the deficit, but that was as far as Smouha would go.
The result sees Al-Hilal Omdurman, TP Mazembe, and Tetouan all level on eight points with one round of matches remaining. Smouha, meanwhile, sit in fourth place with the 3 points they clinched in their very first Group A match against Tetouan.
Watch the goals here: