Mali announced its squad for the 2017 U-20 African Cup of Nations...
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
VIDEO: Smouha knocked out of CAF Champions League by Moghreb Tetouan
The Blue Wave needed to win both their remaining matches to have any hope of qualifying for the semi-finals, but it wasn’t to be.
Jesus Rodriguez opened the scoring in the 13th minute, after some poor defending by the Smouha defence, which allowed him to squeeze a shot past Al-Mahdi Soliman and over the line.
The visitors needed to score two goals now, but the Moroccan’s had other ideas. 17 minutes from the final whistle, Amr El-Menoufi commited a clumsy challenge in the area and the referee duly pointed to the spot. Abdeladim Khadrouf scored thee resulting penalty to make it 2-0.
Just two minutes later, Amr El-Menoufi atoned for his earlier mistake by unleashing a 25-yard shot into the bottom corner to reduce the deficit, but that was as far as Smouha would go.
The result sees Al-Hilal Omdurman, TP Mazembe, and Tetouan all level on eight points with one round of matches remaining. Smouha, meanwhile, sit in fourth place with the 3 points they clinched in their very first Group A match against Tetouan.
Watch the goals here: