Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
VIDEO: Smouha knocked out of CAF Champions League by Moghreb Tetouan
The Blue Wave needed to win both their remaining matches to have any hope of qualifying for the semi-finals, but it wasn’t to be.
Jesus Rodriguez opened the scoring in the 13th minute, after some poor defending by the Smouha defence, which allowed him to squeeze a shot past Al-Mahdi Soliman and over the line.
The visitors needed to score two goals now, but the Moroccan’s had other ideas. 17 minutes from the final whistle, Amr El-Menoufi commited a clumsy challenge in the area and the referee duly pointed to the spot. Abdeladim Khadrouf scored thee resulting penalty to make it 2-0.
Just two minutes later, Amr El-Menoufi atoned for his earlier mistake by unleashing a 25-yard shot into the bottom corner to reduce the deficit, but that was as far as Smouha would go.
The result sees Al-Hilal Omdurman, TP Mazembe, and Tetouan all level on eight points with one round of matches remaining. Smouha, meanwhile, sit in fourth place with the 3 points they clinched in their very first Group A match against Tetouan.
Watch the goals here: