The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
VIDEO: Smouha knocked out of CAF Champions League by Moghreb Tetouan
The Blue Wave needed to win both their remaining matches to have any hope of qualifying for the semi-finals, but it wasn’t to be.
Jesus Rodriguez opened the scoring in the 13th minute, after some poor defending by the Smouha defence, which allowed him to squeeze a shot past Al-Mahdi Soliman and over the line.
The visitors needed to score two goals now, but the Moroccan’s had other ideas. 17 minutes from the final whistle, Amr El-Menoufi commited a clumsy challenge in the area and the referee duly pointed to the spot. Abdeladim Khadrouf scored thee resulting penalty to make it 2-0.
Just two minutes later, Amr El-Menoufi atoned for his earlier mistake by unleashing a 25-yard shot into the bottom corner to reduce the deficit, but that was as far as Smouha would go.
The result sees Al-Hilal Omdurman, TP Mazembe, and Tetouan all level on eight points with one round of matches remaining. Smouha, meanwhile, sit in fourth place with the 3 points they clinched in their very first Group A match against Tetouan.
Watch the goals here: