Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour defended coach Momen Soliman following the White Castle’s...
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
VIDEO: Smouha knocked out of CAF Champions League by Moghreb Tetouan
The Blue Wave needed to win both their remaining matches to have any hope of qualifying for the semi-finals, but it wasn’t to be.
Jesus Rodriguez opened the scoring in the 13th minute, after some poor defending by the Smouha defence, which allowed him to squeeze a shot past Al-Mahdi Soliman and over the line.
The visitors needed to score two goals now, but the Moroccan’s had other ideas. 17 minutes from the final whistle, Amr El-Menoufi commited a clumsy challenge in the area and the referee duly pointed to the spot. Abdeladim Khadrouf scored thee resulting penalty to make it 2-0.
Just two minutes later, Amr El-Menoufi atoned for his earlier mistake by unleashing a 25-yard shot into the bottom corner to reduce the deficit, but that was as far as Smouha would go.
The result sees Al-Hilal Omdurman, TP Mazembe, and Tetouan all level on eight points with one round of matches remaining. Smouha, meanwhile, sit in fourth place with the 3 points they clinched in their very first Group A match against Tetouan.
Watch the goals here: