Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
EXCLUSIVE: Rami Rabia returns to Al Ahly
Having spent most of his time in Portugal playing for Sporting’s B team, the 22-year-old confirmed to KingFut earlier in the summer that he has made up his mind about leaving Sporting.
Following his decision, Al Ahly have stepped up their interest in re-signing their former academy player, with the club searching for a quality center-back who would be available, with the player also confirming to KingFut that he’s open to a return to the Red Devils.
KingFut can also confirm that the player’s representative sat with Al Ahly’s president on Wednesday to iron out the remaining details of the deal.
The player returns to the club on a reported fee of around 600-800 thousand euros.
During his time in Portugal, Rabia was crowned Portuguese Cup champion as well as finishing in third place in the league.
The player arrived on a first team contract but found himself sent to train with the reserve side as well as playing for them. Former Sporting manager Marco Silva previously said “Rabia needs to evolve as a player” even though he had included him in the club’s UEFA Champions League squad.
With the managerial changes that have happened in the summer following Silva’s departure, and league champion Jorge Jesus appointed by Sporting, many thought the versatile defender would get another chance with the club but it was not the case.
UPDATE (31, August, 2015): Sporting confirm Rabia was resold to Al Ahly for €750,000 plus 15% of future sale.
— Sporting CP (@Sporting_CP) August 31, 2015