History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
EXCLUSIVE: Rami Rabia returns to Al Ahly
Having spent most of his time in Portugal playing for Sporting’s B team, the 22-year-old confirmed to KingFut earlier in the summer that he has made up his mind about leaving Sporting.
Following his decision, Al Ahly have stepped up their interest in re-signing their former academy player, with the club searching for a quality center-back who would be available, with the player also confirming to KingFut that he’s open to a return to the Red Devils.
KingFut can also confirm that the player’s representative sat with Al Ahly’s president on Wednesday to iron out the remaining details of the deal.
The player returns to the club on a reported fee of around 600-800 thousand euros.
During his time in Portugal, Rabia was crowned Portuguese Cup champion as well as finishing in third place in the league.
The player arrived on a first team contract but found himself sent to train with the reserve side as well as playing for them. Former Sporting manager Marco Silva previously said “Rabia needs to evolve as a player” even though he had included him in the club’s UEFA Champions League squad.
With the managerial changes that have happened in the summer following Silva’s departure, and league champion Jorge Jesus appointed by Sporting, many thought the versatile defender would get another chance with the club but it was not the case.
UPDATE (31, August, 2015): Sporting confirm Rabia was resold to Al Ahly for €750,000 plus 15% of future sale.
— Sporting CP (@Sporting_CP) August 31, 2015