Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Al Ahly release Ahmed Abdel-Zaher
The striker, who was dropped from the Al Ahly squad and put up for transfer in November 2013 is now a free agent and will be looking to get his career back on track.
Abdel-Zaher signed from ENNPI on a four year contract but was dropped early on in his Al Ahly career for controversially celebrating a goal in a 4-0 win over Orlando Pirates in the CAF African Champions League with a gesture in support of ousted former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
Abdel-Zaher made 48 appearances in his time at the Cairo giants, netting 11 times and providing five goal assists in the process. Despite the release of Abdel-Zaher, Al Ahly have bolstered their front lines in the transfer window so far, with strikers John Antwi and Malick Evouna joining from Al Shabab and Wydad Casablanca respectively.