Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Al Ahly release Ahmed Abdel-Zaher
The striker, who was dropped from the Al Ahly squad and put up for transfer in November 2013 is now a free agent and will be looking to get his career back on track.
Abdel-Zaher signed from ENNPI on a four year contract but was dropped early on in his Al Ahly career for controversially celebrating a goal in a 4-0 win over Orlando Pirates in the CAF African Champions League with a gesture in support of ousted former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
Abdel-Zaher made 48 appearances in his time at the Cairo giants, netting 11 times and providing five goal assists in the process. Despite the release of Abdel-Zaher, Al Ahly have bolstered their front lines in the transfer window so far, with strikers John Antwi and Malick Evouna joining from Al Shabab and Wydad Casablanca respectively.