Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Al Ahly release Ahmed Abdel-Zaher
The striker, who was dropped from the Al Ahly squad and put up for transfer in November 2013 is now a free agent and will be looking to get his career back on track.
Abdel-Zaher signed from ENNPI on a four year contract but was dropped early on in his Al Ahly career for controversially celebrating a goal in a 4-0 win over Orlando Pirates in the CAF African Champions League with a gesture in support of ousted former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
Abdel-Zaher made 48 appearances in his time at the Cairo giants, netting 11 times and providing five goal assists in the process. Despite the release of Abdel-Zaher, Al Ahly have bolstered their front lines in the transfer window so far, with strikers John Antwi and Malick Evouna joining from Al Shabab and Wydad Casablanca respectively.