Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Al Ahly release Ahmed Abdel-Zaher
The striker, who was dropped from the Al Ahly squad and put up for transfer in November 2013 is now a free agent and will be looking to get his career back on track.
Abdel-Zaher signed from ENNPI on a four year contract but was dropped early on in his Al Ahly career for controversially celebrating a goal in a 4-0 win over Orlando Pirates in the CAF African Champions League with a gesture in support of ousted former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
Abdel-Zaher made 48 appearances in his time at the Cairo giants, netting 11 times and providing five goal assists in the process. Despite the release of Abdel-Zaher, Al Ahly have bolstered their front lines in the transfer window so far, with strikers John Antwi and Malick Evouna joining from Al Shabab and Wydad Casablanca respectively.