Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
Al Ahly release Ahmed Abdel-Zaher
The striker, who was dropped from the Al Ahly squad and put up for transfer in November 2013 is now a free agent and will be looking to get his career back on track.
Abdel-Zaher signed from ENNPI on a four year contract but was dropped early on in his Al Ahly career for controversially celebrating a goal in a 4-0 win over Orlando Pirates in the CAF African Champions League with a gesture in support of ousted former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
Abdel-Zaher made 48 appearances in his time at the Cairo giants, netting 11 times and providing five goal assists in the process. Despite the release of Abdel-Zaher, Al Ahly have bolstered their front lines in the transfer window so far, with strikers John Antwi and Malick Evouna joining from Al Shabab and Wydad Casablanca respectively.