Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Basketball: Angola defeat Egypt in AfroBasket 2015 quarter-finals
2013 AfroBasket champions Angola defeated the Egyptian national team 83-63 to progress to the AfroBasket semi-finals.
The Angolans led for the entirety for the match, showcasing their superiority and skill against their opponents.
Egypt had previously defeated Zimbabwe by a 40-point margin in the round of sixteen, becoming the first team in the tournament to break the 100-point barrier this year, but the level of the opposition was simply too high this time around.
This is the second time in three years that Angola have defeated Egypt on the way to the title, after they came out on top in a tense AfroBasket 2013 final that ended 57-40 against the Pharaohs.