Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Basketball: Angola defeat Egypt in AfroBasket 2015 quarter-finals
2013 AfroBasket champions Angola defeated the Egyptian national team 83-63 to progress to the AfroBasket semi-finals.
The Angolans led for the entirety for the match, showcasing their superiority and skill against their opponents.
Egypt had previously defeated Zimbabwe by a 40-point margin in the round of sixteen, becoming the first team in the tournament to break the 100-point barrier this year, but the level of the opposition was simply too high this time around.
This is the second time in three years that Angola have defeated Egypt on the way to the title, after they came out on top in a tense AfroBasket 2013 final that ended 57-40 against the Pharaohs.