Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Basketball: Angola defeat Egypt in AfroBasket 2015 quarter-finals
2013 AfroBasket champions Angola defeated the Egyptian national team 83-63 to progress to the AfroBasket semi-finals.
The Angolans led for the entirety for the match, showcasing their superiority and skill against their opponents.
Egypt had previously defeated Zimbabwe by a 40-point margin in the round of sixteen, becoming the first team in the tournament to break the 100-point barrier this year, but the level of the opposition was simply too high this time around.
This is the second time in three years that Angola have defeated Egypt on the way to the title, after they came out on top in a tense AfroBasket 2013 final that ended 57-40 against the Pharaohs.