Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
Basketball: Angola defeat Egypt in AfroBasket 2015 quarter-finals
2013 AfroBasket champions Angola defeated the Egyptian national team 83-63 to progress to the AfroBasket semi-finals.
The Angolans led for the entirety for the match, showcasing their superiority and skill against their opponents.
Egypt had previously defeated Zimbabwe by a 40-point margin in the round of sixteen, becoming the first team in the tournament to break the 100-point barrier this year, but the level of the opposition was simply too high this time around.
This is the second time in three years that Angola have defeated Egypt on the way to the title, after they came out on top in a tense AfroBasket 2013 final that ended 57-40 against the Pharaohs.