Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Koka: Braga is a very good step for me
Just before completing his first training session with SC Braga, Koka gave an interview to the club’s social media pages, where he showed happiness and relief for having made the move.
“It’s very good for me. This summer was hard for me, but I’m happy with the choice I made. I have reached a very good club, that will help me reach the top,” said the striker, who complimented the size of the club.
“Braga is a very good team, playing in the Europa League, with history and everybody in Egypt knows Braga, they know it’s one of Portugal’s top four teams and my friends and family have also told me it’s a good step for me.
However, the Egyptian international knows that it won’t be easy to conquer a spot in the lineups. “I think Braga has a very good team and I’ll have to fight to be able to start matches, the strikers here are very good, so I have to battle to show my qualities.
“A striker has to score goals, a striker lives off scoring goals and it’s very important to them and if I’m not in my best moment during the game, I have to step up and help my team win,” he added.
When asked about his upcoming commitment with the national team, Koka replied: “The national team is very important to me and I have already been called for the next match, but now I must focus on Braga’s next game with Boavista and then think about the national team.”
Koka may feature in Braga’s upcoming game against Boavista, on Sunday afternoon. The 2017 AFCON qualifier against Chad will be played the following Sunday, September 6.