Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
VIDEO: Abdel-Shafy assists as Al-Ahli thrash Al-Khaleej
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy assisted a goal and helped keep a clean sheet for Al-Ahli in a comfortable 0-4 win over Al-Khaleej.
The visitors completely overwhelmed their hosts in a ruthless display, led by midfielder Taisir Al-Jassim, who scored a brace.
Ahli took the lead in the fourth minute through Omar Al Somah, after some poor defending, before being reduced to 10 men as Waleed Rashid Bakshween received his second yellow card in the 23rd minute.
They would then double the lead three minutes into the second half through Al-Jassim, as the visitors looked to wrap up the three points.
Abdel-Shafy’s biggest contribution would come 20 minutes later, as he crossed for the unmarked Al-Jassim to tap home.
There was still time for one more goal, and Islam Hassan Seraj added the fourth in the 82nd minute to put the finishing touches on a dominant performance.
You can watch Abdel-Shafy’s assist for the third goal below: