Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Chesterfield manager says no new offers for Morsy
Saunders hailed Morsy for his on and off field performances, in particular his handling of his situation during the transfer window, with a number of clubs reported to have been interested in the Egypt-eligible midfielder this summer.
“We’ve had offers about a month or so ago for Sam but they were nowhere near his valuation. The offers are nowhere near and we’ve had none since.” Saunders said to The Star when asked about any prospective moves for the midfielder.
“He’s playing really well at the minute and if he keeps going like that we’ll have trouble keeping hold of him,” the League One side’s manager concluded, also mentioning his beliefs that the transfer window should be shut before the kickoff of the new season to stop disruptions within teams.
Sam Morsy, who is also currently the captain of his side, has been in fine form since the start of the season, scoring twice in his side’s first five appearances of the new campaign.
It has also been reported that Brighton Hove and Albion, Egyptian defender Adam El-Abd’s former club, are weighing up a move for Morsy before the close of the window, with a reported sum of £1 million being mentioned in a report by SportsMole.
MK Dons were previously thought to have been interested in the midfielders services however retracted their bid after an agreement could not be reached.
It remains to be seen where Morsy will end up, however, if a move is to be made for the Chesterfield skipper, it will need to be done shortly, with the transfer window due to close within the next week.