Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Etoile Sahel lift Tunisian Cup in 7-goal thriller
Etoile du Sahel won the 58th edition of the Tunisian Cup today with a 4-3 victory in the final over Stade Gabèsien at the Radès Olympic Stadium, lifting their 10th Tunisian Cup title in the club’s history and their second in a row.
Despite going down 2-0 after just 23 minutes of play, Faouzi Benzarti’s side managed to draw level before the half thanks to goals from their two foreign players, Khalil Bangoura and Baghdad Bounedjah. In the second half, Etoile du Sahel went down again after a Saad Bguir goal in the 62nd minute. However, it took the team’s top scorer Baghdad Bounedjah just 5 minutes to draw level, before going to complete his hat-trick in the 75th minute with a cool finish from a Hamdi Naguez cross.
The Algerian international, who also scored the lone-goal in last year’s 1-0 final triumph over CS Sfaxien, would eventually get sent off in the 81st minute for what appeared to be time wasting.
After the full-time whistle, Etoile du Sahel were awarded the Cup by Tunisia’s president Béji Caid Essebsi.
Etoile du Sahel have now won 3 of the 4 last editions of the Tunisian Cup after going 15 years without winning the title. The Sousse-based side, which finished second in the 2014–15 Tunisian Ligue Professionnelle 1, is also qualified for the semi-finals of the CAF Confederation Cup where they will face either Zamalek or Orlando Pirates.