Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Sulaya’s Al Shaab lose Etisalat Cup opener against Al Wasl
Amr El-Sulaya’s Al Shaab got off to a poor start in the Etisalat Cup on Friday, as Al Wasl emerged 0-2 winners.
Al Shaab have now lost their first two official matches of the 2015/16 season, after going down by the same scoreline against Baniyas in their first league encounter.
Sulaya started in midfield, as he did in the league fixture.
Edgar Bruno Da Silva opened the scoring in the 8th minute, and Yasser Hassaan ensured his side’s progression with a late strike.
Al Shaab now sit bottom of the table in Group A, and will travel to Al-Ahli Dubai on the 5th of September, as part of the same competition.