Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
OFFICIAL: Tunisia’s Abdennour completes Valencia switch
A fee in the region of £22 million was agreed for the central defender; Chelsea had initially been favourites to sign the player but were unwilling to pay more than £15 million.
Abdennour spent 18 months at AS Monaco, prior to which he had a successful spell at Toulouse, a short loan at Werder Bremen in 2010, and his formative years at Tunisian giants Étoile du Sahel.
Abdennour has made 41 appearances for the Tunisian national team since his debut in 2008, scoring one goal. He played every minute of every game in the 2015 AFCON campaign, in which Tunisia would have felt hard done by to have lost in the quarter finals to hosts Equatorial Guinea.
Valencia recently sold star defender Nicolas Otamendi to Manchester City for £32 million, and have been looking for a replacement since. After being linked to Eliaquim Mangala of Manchester City, Stefan De Vrij of Lazio and Ezequiel Garay of Zenit St. Petersburg, they eventually went for Abdennour to partner German World Cup winner Shkodran Mustafi for Los Che.