Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
OFFICIAL: Tunisia’s Abdennour completes Valencia switch
A fee in the region of £22 million was agreed for the central defender; Chelsea had initially been favourites to sign the player but were unwilling to pay more than £15 million.
Abdennour spent 18 months at AS Monaco, prior to which he had a successful spell at Toulouse, a short loan at Werder Bremen in 2010, and his formative years at Tunisian giants Étoile du Sahel.
Abdennour has made 41 appearances for the Tunisian national team since his debut in 2008, scoring one goal. He played every minute of every game in the 2015 AFCON campaign, in which Tunisia would have felt hard done by to have lost in the quarter finals to hosts Equatorial Guinea.
Valencia recently sold star defender Nicolas Otamendi to Manchester City for £32 million, and have been looking for a replacement since. After being linked to Eliaquim Mangala of Manchester City, Stefan De Vrij of Lazio and Ezequiel Garay of Zenit St. Petersburg, they eventually went for Abdennour to partner German World Cup winner Shkodran Mustafi for Los Che.