Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Roma edge Juventus at home
The 23-year-old winger played 77 minutes, eventually being replaced by Juan Manuel Iturbe.
The first half began with complete dominance from Roma; the hosts played quick passes and were a real threat inside the box. Mohamed Salah was very familiar with his opponents and found it easy to make runs along the flanks.
Inside the first 20 minutes, Salah found Miralem Pjanic in the box, and the latter’s struck the ball well, only to see it come off the post.
Juventus came as a surprise to everyone with very minimal possession on the ball, a reported 30% possession in the first half.
The second half began with even more energy than the first half, as Roma looked to leave the match with all three points.
The Giallorossi had numerous chances inside the box, but failed to finish any of them.
In the 60th minute, Roma were awarded a free kick and it was Bosnian international Pjanic who curled a beautiful effort over the wall and into the back of the net to make it 1-0.
In the 78th minute, right after Salah had been substituted, Dzeko made it 2-0.
Juventus reduced the deficit in the 88th minute through Pablo Dybala, but it was too little, too late.
Roma’s next match in the league is against Frosinone on Sunday, September 13th.