AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Sagnol reveals reasons for Gaber snub
Bordeaux have already pulled the plug on the Omar Gaber deal, after failing to agree a fee for the player’s transfer to Zamalek.
New reasons have emerged on why the transfer was cancelled, as Willy Sagnol explained after beating Kairat Almaty in the Europa League Qualification Playoff.
“Gaber is a boy who has qualities, however, ones that do not suit first division football. We have other priorities and other investments to make rather than betting on a non-guaranteed future of a player,” Sagnol said.
The French press also made it clear that the club’s top priority is to sign a defender before the transfer window closes.
Mortada Mansour had previously released statements saying that Omar Gaber wouldn’t leave the side for less than three million euros.
The Zamalek chairman also said that 23-year-old Gaber is to be punished for training with Bordeaux.
“The deal was to undergo a trial, not participate in training sessions and matches; a trial means sitting down with team, eating with them, drinking with them, it doesn’t mean training with them, they are a big team not a youth centre,” Mortada said.
“How do I sell a left back for $4m dollars then sell a right back for $400,000? I’d get jailed. The release clause for Omar is valid only for the previous season and not this one,” he added.
“We won’t sell Gaber except for a proper fee that matches the quality of the player and team,” he concluded.
Gaber’s impressive appearances for the Egyptian Premier League Champions earned him a spot on KingFut’s team of the season.