Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
EXCLUSIVE | Egypt’s Shadi Ahdy trials at Hannover 96
Currently a free agent, the former Wadi Degla, Lierse and Gouna player in undergoing a trial at the Bundesliga veterans, having already spent a week there and is looking to sign for the club.
Speaking to KingFut about his trial, the 22-year-old said: “I have been here for a week and I’m enjoying myself. I have impressed the coaching staff and I want to sign for the club.
“The main problem is that I started my trial a bit late into the window and the club are currently over budget, but the manager has told the board that he wants to sign me,” Ahdy continued.
“I’m not planning on returning to Egypt without an offer. I feel pretty good, training with the first team.
“Currently there is no offer on table but I’m not coming back to Egypt without one,” the player concluded.
Shadi Ahdy spent two years between Wadi Degla and Belgium’s Lierse SK, before being loaned out to Gouna for six months during the last winter transfer window. The loan didn’t go as Ahdy hoped it would as the club got relegated.
It is worth noting that Shady is fluent in Deutsch and so a move to a German club would be ideal as the language barrier can be disregarded.