KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
EXCLUSIVE | Egypt’s Shadi Ahdy trials at Hannover 96
Currently a free agent, the former Wadi Degla, Lierse and Gouna player in undergoing a trial at the Bundesliga veterans, having already spent a week there and is looking to sign for the club.
Speaking to KingFut about his trial, the 22-year-old said: “I have been here for a week and I’m enjoying myself. I have impressed the coaching staff and I want to sign for the club.
“The main problem is that I started my trial a bit late into the window and the club are currently over budget, but the manager has told the board that he wants to sign me,” Ahdy continued.
“I’m not planning on returning to Egypt without an offer. I feel pretty good, training with the first team.
“Currently there is no offer on table but I’m not coming back to Egypt without one,” the player concluded.
Shadi Ahdy spent two years between Wadi Degla and Belgium’s Lierse SK, before being loaned out to Gouna for six months during the last winter transfer window. The loan didn’t go as Ahdy hoped it would as the club got relegated.
It is worth noting that Shady is fluent in Deutsch and so a move to a German club would be ideal as the language barrier can be disregarded.