Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
EXCLUSIVE | Egypt’s Shadi Ahdy trials at Hannover 96
Currently a free agent, the former Wadi Degla, Lierse and Gouna player in undergoing a trial at the Bundesliga veterans, having already spent a week there and is looking to sign for the club.
Speaking to KingFut about his trial, the 22-year-old said: “I have been here for a week and I’m enjoying myself. I have impressed the coaching staff and I want to sign for the club.
“The main problem is that I started my trial a bit late into the window and the club are currently over budget, but the manager has told the board that he wants to sign me,” Ahdy continued.
“I’m not planning on returning to Egypt without an offer. I feel pretty good, training with the first team.
“Currently there is no offer on table but I’m not coming back to Egypt without one,” the player concluded.
Shadi Ahdy spent two years between Wadi Degla and Belgium’s Lierse SK, before being loaned out to Gouna for six months during the last winter transfer window. The loan didn’t go as Ahdy hoped it would as the club got relegated.
It is worth noting that Shady is fluent in Deutsch and so a move to a German club would be ideal as the language barrier can be disregarded.