Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Official: Al Ahly sign Egypt defender Ahmed Hegazy
Ahmed Hegazy signs for Al Ahly on a five-year deal after spending three years in Europe with Italy’s ACF Fiorentina, a period blighted by injuries as well as a short stint on loan at Perugia.
The Egypt international was said to be on the verge of a transfer to La Liga club Eibar, but the move fell through after his agent confirmed to KingFut that the clubs could not reach an agreement.
Following that, Al Ahly have managed to surprise everyone by signing the 25-year-old after agreeing personal terms with his national team partner Rami Rabia of Sporting Clube de Portugal.
Hegazy was previously linked with Al Ahly earlier in the summer but the player came out quickly to deny the speculation, confirming that the only club in Egypt that he would play for is Ismaily.
Once labeled “Nesta of the Pyramids”, has arrived on a five-year deal from the Florence-based club for an undisclosed fee.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hegazy secured a move to Fiorentina in 2012, but back-to-back anterior cruciate ligament tears saw him lack match fitness and playing time, which saw him spend the last six months of the 2014/2015 season at Serie B club Perugia.