Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Official: Al Ahly sign Egypt defender Ahmed Hegazy
Ahmed Hegazy signs for Al Ahly on a five-year deal after spending three years in Europe with Italy’s ACF Fiorentina, a period blighted by injuries as well as a short stint on loan at Perugia.
The Egypt international was said to be on the verge of a transfer to La Liga club Eibar, but the move fell through after his agent confirmed to KingFut that the clubs could not reach an agreement.
Following that, Al Ahly have managed to surprise everyone by signing the 25-year-old after agreeing personal terms with his national team partner Rami Rabia of Sporting Clube de Portugal.
Hegazy was previously linked with Al Ahly earlier in the summer but the player came out quickly to deny the speculation, confirming that the only club in Egypt that he would play for is Ismaily.
Once labeled “Nesta of the Pyramids”, has arrived on a five-year deal from the Florence-based club for an undisclosed fee.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hegazy secured a move to Fiorentina in 2012, but back-to-back anterior cruciate ligament tears saw him lack match fitness and playing time, which saw him spend the last six months of the 2014/2015 season at Serie B club Perugia.