Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Official: Al Ahly sign Egypt defender Ahmed Hegazy
Ahmed Hegazy signs for Al Ahly on a five-year deal after spending three years in Europe with Italy’s ACF Fiorentina, a period blighted by injuries as well as a short stint on loan at Perugia.
The Egypt international was said to be on the verge of a transfer to La Liga club Eibar, but the move fell through after his agent confirmed to KingFut that the clubs could not reach an agreement.
Following that, Al Ahly have managed to surprise everyone by signing the 25-year-old after agreeing personal terms with his national team partner Rami Rabia of Sporting Clube de Portugal.
Hegazy was previously linked with Al Ahly earlier in the summer but the player came out quickly to deny the speculation, confirming that the only club in Egypt that he would play for is Ismaily.
Once labeled “Nesta of the Pyramids”, has arrived on a five-year deal from the Florence-based club for an undisclosed fee.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hegazy secured a move to Fiorentina in 2012, but back-to-back anterior cruciate ligament tears saw him lack match fitness and playing time, which saw him spend the last six months of the 2014/2015 season at Serie B club Perugia.