Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
KingFut Weekly Awards – Bounedjah African Player of the Week
This is the KingFut Weekly Award, where the best goals and performances of African footballers featuring worldwide are recognized. The winning duo for this week plays in the European and African scene. You can check out the premier edition in case you missed it.
GOAL OF THE WEEK: WAHBI KHAZRI
Khazri showed why he is referred to as ‘Khazrinho’ in some quarters with a delightful goal against Nantes. The Tunisian and Bordeaux attacker swiveled past his hapless marker before slotting home his side’s second goal for a first win of the campaign.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: BAGHDAD BOUNEDJAH
Etoile Sahel seemed to have surrendered the Tunisian Cup but marksman Bounedjah showed his prowess. The Algerian striker notched a hat-trick against Gabesien in the high scoring final to claw his side to a 4-3 victory. His first two strikes had the Red Brigades level before a cool back heel sealed the win. Too bad he got himself sent off and too bad his winning strike just fell short of the goal award.
You have any goals or performances you feel deserved to be here? Share them with our twitter page or drop a comment below.